Job description / Role
What are we looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Senior Project Manager who is fluent in Arabic and English to join our Riyadh, Saudi Arabia office. The focus will be to simultaneously lead several standard projects through the design process from inception through completion.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What are my core accountability?
• Client interface
• Program Scheduling
• Cost & Risk
• Scope and Deliverable
• Sub Consultants
• Change and Opportunity
• Local Authorities & Approval
• Construction Support
• Resource Management
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• Reporting directly to the KSA Resident Director, this team member contributes to the development of the company by supporting the Directors in the progressive evolution of SSH's design philosophy, research activities and technical development.
• Development of the project program and budget split (baseline). Prepare the List of deliverables (LOD’s) and feed into the program development.
• Contribute to the preparation of the Project Execution Plan.
• Coordination and attendance of Client (Commercial) Meetings and attendees.
• Administration of Contract (Program, Change, Invoicing/Payment, Negotiation, Reporting).
• Management of Communication Protocol (issuing minutes, action items and client/consultant risk register).
• Securing and Reporting Client Feedback internally.
• Securing Client Approvals and Instructions.
• Report construction cost estimate to Client and secure approval thereof.
• Responsible for the contract program.
• Ensure that the delivery team is aware of the Client, contracted program.
• Regularly engage with the Client and provide timely feedback
• Overall financial management of the project.
• Preparation and maintenance of the Project Cost Plan.
• Updating the monthly ETC and management and “ownership” of the project EAC.
• Overall visibility and coordination of Cash collection.
• Management of Change Control.
• Maintain agreed cash flow objectives by billing in accordance with the agreement.
• Preparation of, and responsibility for performance measurement and cost reports and the Monthly Project Review.
• Undertake Earned Value Analysis (EVA)and project schedule to establish performance against spend and program.
• Establish and maintain the administration and finance requirements through Deltek.
• Maintain project risk register.
• Financial close out of project.
• Ongoing collaboration with DM to ensure contractual scope, deliverables and program are understood.
• Prepare documentation for timely, procurement and appointment of required services in accordance with procurement procedure and DoAM.
• Validate all sub consultants invoice in collaboration with DM and process/address accordingly.
• Manage all commercial aspects of sub consultant agreements.
• Reflect all sub consultant fees (including approved changes and risks) in ETC.
• Maintain a sub-consultant / supplier invoice / payment schedule and reflect accrual within the PFR.
• Notify Client of change.
• Prepare Change Documentation in accordance with Contract.
• Seek timely instruction from Client to proceed.
• Provide timely instruction to DM (with or without fee being agreed; subject to DoAM limits).
• Maintain change and opportunity register in Deltek.
• Ensure all required Project Review documentation is prepared and submitted.
• Provide regular financial and commercial updates to Resident Director.
• Regularly review and provide performance metrics data to DM.
• Ensure meetings with Client and Third Parties are properly recorded and minutes are issued.
• Contribute to and compile the weekly and monthly progress reports to the Client.
• Include and maintain all critical milestones relating to Local Authority approvals in the Client Program.
• In the event that the post contract strategy is for the design team to support the construction supervision team post contract, ensure adequate budget provision for resources to support construction supervision services is captured in ETC
• On project start up, ensure all ETC data is included in Deltek.
• In advance of the monthly project review cycle, review all ETC’s and undertake any discussions / negotiations DM & DL’s.
• Ensure signed off ETC’s are entered into Deltek.
• To independently develop, document, manage, and deliver the project plan to SSH standards, processes, effectively uses consultation reviews throughout to form the basis on which to achieve the overall project objectives across all of the phases.
• Acts as a point of contact with all project related stakeholders, to ensure clarity and efficiency during projects / bids.
• Ensure a team ethos is established to provide SSH services with integrity, professionalism and ethical practices in relation to SSH vision and mission statements.
• Able to understand and contribute with compliance with requirements in SSH quality standards during projects.
• Providing technical guidance and advice to ensure team readiness at all times.
• That all risks associated with the contract are highlighted and mitigated in order to safeguard SSH contractual position.
• Providing guidance and assisting in the training and development of staff.
• Oversees and evaluates the performance of Project Team members and provides ongoing feedback, reports on monthly basis and in writing to the all concerned about the performance of project staff to ensure alignment of individual and team performance with project goals.
• To ensure efficient and profitable achievement from project inception through to completion.
• Supporting in building SSH market intelligence through engagement of clients, and building a network of contacts.
• To ensure ongoing company quality compliance and standards during projects, by clarifying instructions, reviewing reports and documentation, and follows-ups with project teams ensuring proper implementation of data management systems and procedures at all stages.
• Understands local market and relates trends to Senior Community levels of the company.
What do I need to apply?
• Professional analytical standards with project related data and documents as per SSH data management systems and procedures.
• Extensive project experience.
• People management and mentoring skills
• Strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Professional presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of local standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to convey best practice to the team.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Demonstrated ability of Managing a large sized team.
• Digital Platforms
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (Skype, Web ex)
• Experience with Data Management Systems - required (Deltek, SharePoint, HR.Net)
• 10+ year Post graduate experience - international Consultants experience required.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s level – desirable.
• Eligible to register to professional body (Origin/Local) - desirable.
• Ability of completing multiple standard projects and large scale projects.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.