Senior Project Manager
Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Atkins have a requirement for a Project Manager (PM) to manage a large project team in KSA. The PM will work with the Civil, Infrastructure Leads regionally and in KSA to deliver our projects successfully to our key clients in KSA.
The PM will also maintain staff development and training plans for the project team whilst ensuring target utilisation and productivity is met within the team.
- 12-15 years' experience in management or leadership role on Civil & Infrastructure projects (leisure, retails, entertainment - ferris wheel, water rides and aquarium etc.)
- Degree qualified (Civil Engineering) with professional certifications.
- Demonstrate ability in excellent project delivery.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of major infrastructure projects from concept to detailed design and completion of construction
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with clients, other members of the D&E team, GTC and other suppliers.
- Experience and knowledge of the Middle East market in engineering domain
- Technical leadership on large multi-disciplinary project delivery
- Oversee designs and budgets and drive projects from tender to delivery in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Lead single and multi-disciplinary discipline bids, with a clear focus on what is needed to win
- Continue to build relationships with existing clients, securing repeat business and identifying additional business opportunities
- Build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities
- Manage and report on project performance
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations and ensure that a good Health & Safety culture is engendered within the team
- Staff recruitment, retention and development making sure staff reach their performance potential
- Develop a highly motivated and performing team creating opportunities for the development of individuals
- Provide technical expertise on a variety of large engineering projects
- Increase your networking profile with both internal and external clients
- A confident and articulate communicator with experience of dealing with clients and building strong working relationships
- Ability to position Atkins as a leading partner and supplier through a reputation for technical excellence and quality of delivery on major multidisciplinary projects
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities. Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-discipline team
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team, combined with a passion for staff development.
- Excellent team player, able to influence technical and delivery staff, and collaborate effectively with other divisional colleagues and with the D&E leadership team
- Ability to fully engage staff through their alignment with business objectives, promoting involvement, and fostering loyalty
- A person who passionately believes in the use of Global Design Centres to offer competitive advantage and quality
- Technical leadership of the Project
- Revenue and margin targets for the Project
- Ability to win work with key clients
- Project profitability and success
- Staff development and performance
- Employee satisfaction, retention rate
- Value creation through technical excellence strategy
- Collaborative behaviours supporting and championing ME&A business objectives
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Get job alerts
Ã— Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Catch up on sustainability
What does sustainability mean to SNC-Lavalin and what does it look like within engineering and construction?
Read our articles for the latest insight
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).