Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is looking for a Western Educated Senior Project Engineer for a PMC role with a major oil company based in KSA.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Job Purpose & Scope:
• As a member of Client's Project Management Services (PMS), provide GES+ Contractors and Project Management Teams effective consultancy and guidance in their Quality Management Systems for execution of the Client's Onshore Capital Projects.
• Support improvement initiatives in GES+ Contractor’s quality management systems and compliance by leveraging experience and good quality assurance practices.
• Provide effective engagement and direction in the continuous improvement of General Engineering Services Plus (GES+) Contractors Quality Assurance processes, procedures and systems.
• Provide support in assessment of engineering design quality and facilitate issuance of related Corrective Action Requests (CAR) to GES+ Contractors.
• Develop, implement and assure PMS Program Procedures
• Establish and maintain Quality KPIs to measure performance of GES+ Contractors design quality
• Establish effective communication interfaces with GES+ Contractors, the Client and PMS team Quality functions and personnel.
• Participate in project Quality audits.
• Regular reporting to PMS management team
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
• Reporting to PMS Design Coordinator
• Interface with PMS Team
• Oversight of GES+ Contractor
• Interface with the Project Management Team
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
• Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
• Able to make judgement in making decisions and solve problems; knows when to seek advice.
• Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors
• Bachelor of Science Engineering
• Minimum 15 years post graduate experience.
• Minimum 10 years of quality assurance experience in the oil & gas industry.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
• Mandatory experience in pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects
• Qualifications in quality management and auditing
• Design office experience is desirable
• Ability to work independently in the identification and resolution of Quality issues
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Rewards & Benefits:
• We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 22 working days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).