Job description / Role
Overview of role:
We are currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client focused team in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). You will be responsible for delivering projects and be accountable, as part of the commercial team for the effective delivery of commercial and procurement services. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual, focused on accelerating their career, to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team as well as play a strategic role in delivering for top tier Clients within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This specific role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing Pre and Post-Contract Quantity Surveying support for our professional services and project-based teams on a large-scale multiple build program of works in Riyadh. A strong track record in post-contract is key to this requirement, specifically in the Cost Control and Contractual Administration of Cost-plus construction contracts.
• The individual will be located at the client site based office and deliver, as part of a team that is responsible for a programme of works at varying stages of the individual project lifecycles, specifically inception & Brief Development, Precontract Cost Planning, Procurement, Implementation and Contractual Administration and Cost Control, Completion & Handover, Operational Contract Administration and Defect Management, all on behalf of the Client Organisation
• Commercial guidance and advice to the Project Management team as part of the PMC role
• Production of Client presentations to a high-quality and accuracy
• Reporting to the Commercial Lead as part of the PMC Team
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
• A chartered member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – MRICS, is preferred however those currently working towards chartered status will be considered
• Ability to successfully understand complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
• Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery with excellent communication skills
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience post degree qualification
• Experience of drafting tender documentation and post contract documentation
• Able to build long-term relationships
• A track record of working with teams by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
• The ability to deliver in a reactive environment, responding quickly and accurately, under pressure.
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quantity Surveyor for a Project Management Company
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Quantity Surveyor / Estimation Engineer
Quantity Surveyor - Civil Construction
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||12 Dec|