Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our ongoing infrastructure project in Jeddah.
A typical week would include:
* To undertake and participate in regular project reviews of all ongoing projects in KSA helping to identify opportunities and risks to WSP's financial performance.
* Prepare strategies to manage those risks and opportunities and execute on those strategies including appropriate correspondence, record keeping, and participate in all commercial meetings and follow up.
* Assist the Project Manager in all matters relating to the financial and contractual aspects of the projects and in negotiating any final settlements on contract terms with our clients and sub-consultants and assessing and valuating of claims.
* Analyze the financial accounts and monthly reporting to assess working capital risks and revenue recognition providing good judgement and advice as required.
* Work with the working capital team to ensure disputed invoices are settled and payments are made at the earliest time
* Actively involves in preparing cost estimates and assessing in the preparation of the monthly invoices.
* Perform regular reviews of contractors and consultant's monthly payment applications, statement at completion, and prepare necessary payment certificates.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering, or Quantity Surveying.
* Excellent communication skills verbal, written and reading both in Arabic and English.
* Preferred to have knowledge in the Saudi procurement law.
* 10 years of post-qualification experience in a similar capacity in various types of Contracts and proven experience in claims and dispute resolution for major construction and engineering projects.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.