Job description / Role
Senior Quantity Surveyor Theme Park- Riyadh, KSA
- Pre and post contract commercial support (POMI and FIDIC);
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
- Interim valuations and payment certificates;
- Assisting in variations analysis, recommendations and management;
- Assisting in risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Assisting in costs analysis project work;
- Assisting in identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Assisting in preparation of progress/ cost reports;
- Reporting to Managing Quantity Surveyor on all commercial issues;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Attendance and representation at commercial meetings.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Project experience must be broad and include Leisure and entertainment developments (e.g. Theme park, water park);
- Measurement and quantification of facility and infrastructure works
- Cost estimating of facility and infrastructure elements
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Contracts;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised University;
- Min 7 years post-contract relevant capacity in contracts and commercial management;
- Must have consultant and/or client background (e.g. Universal Studios; Warner Bros) for minimum of 3 years;
- Must have minimum of 3 years international experience preferred but not essential;
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Rewards and Benefits;
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).