Job description / Role
The role holder is responsible to reach out to new customer base and promote the Bank's products.
The Relationship Manager reports directly to the Head of Business Development and works closely with the Credit Assessment Team to identify and monitor potential pipeline and select customers based on directions and inputs from Head of Business Development and Credit Assessment Team.
Our client is a specialized financial institution, wholly owned by the Government and specialises in Trade Finance for the financing, facilitation and promotion of foreign trade.
* Contribute to the success of the Bank by reaching out to new customer base and promoting the Bank's products
* Monitor and report on potential pipeline, customer applications status and demand for products
* Manage communications with customers of the Bank (Saudi exporters and their foreign buyers) and coordinate with internal teams within the Bank
Present credit assessment results to Credit Committee in collaboration of Credit Assessment Team Customer Engagement and Application Support
* Conduct outreach to promote the Bank's offerings and develop new customers
* Discuss customer needs, gather customer information and advise on Bank services / products
* Maintain database of potential customers including contact details and products of interest
* Arrange and facilitate meetings with key members of potential customers' management
* Assist potential customers to complete Financing applications
* Assist in collecting required documents for conducting the assessment of Financing applications
* Organize and archive received documents in coherent and consistent manner
* Follow-up with potential customers and ensure completion of documentation requirements
* Verify received applications to avoid fraud or misrepresentation
* Refer completed and verified applications to Credit Assessment Team for credit assessment and due diligence
* Liaise with Credit Team during the assessment and due diligence process and assist as needed
Prepare term sheets and relay application decisions to potential customers as requiredCustomer Relationship Management
* Assist the customers with account opening and on boarding if needed once the application is approved
* Follow up with customers on a periodic basis to review existing financing facilities and discuss need for extension / additional financing
* Liaise with Credit Admins to follow up with customers regarding payment defaults.Reporting
* Report to Head of Business Development on the number of potential customers, the demand for each product (in number of application and SAR amount)
* Track and report key metrics such as conversion ratio (from potential customer to an application submission), conversion time, etc.
* Present each application to the Credit Committee with support from the Credit Assessment Team and record recommendations and decisions
* Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
* Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with the reporting manager to ensure that the required trainings are arranged and attended.
* Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues.
* Market related salary + Annual Performance Bonus + Company specific benefits
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant disciplines
* MBA or other relevant post-graduate degree from a reputable educational institution preferred
* CFA, CPA or other relevant professional qualification is preferred
* 10+ years of relevant experience at a Financial Institution
* Previous experience as a relationship manager or in a position with frequent customer interaction
* Previous experience in the GCC, and specifically in KSA (preferred)
* Strong understanding of Financing products, preferably Export/ Import Financing products
* Solid understanding of finance concepts, and ability to conduct basic assessment of companies' financial and business performance
* Demonstrated stakeholder management expertise
* Other skills:
* Project management and organization skills
* Decision-making and sound judgment
* High standards of values and ethics, and professional behavior
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Arabic
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jul|
Senior Relationship Manager - Commercial Banking
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jul|
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Treasury Banking Manager - Saudi National
|Saudi Arabia||1 Jul|
Big Fish Recruitment