Job description / Role
- Supervisory field engineering position in construction management, and application of electrical engineering techniques on infrastructure and community construction projects. Responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site electrical installation and testing work activities.
- Provides technical guidance to contractors and utilizes his expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and approved drawings and specifications.
- Interfaces with other Construction and Engineering Department staff, and occasionally with senior management and client representatives. Receives administrative and technical direction in terms of broad project objectives from the Resident Construction Manager (RCM).
- Frequent contacts with industry representatives, Client, and Management Contractor staff, and construction contractors’ personnel assigned to specific projects.
- Monitors construction contractors’ electrical installation and testing activities.
- Witnesses contractors’ quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the applicable codes, standards, and approved drawings and specifications.
- Witnesses all testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities to assure contractors’ compliance with the approved plans and procedures.
- Reviews tests result generated by the independent test agencies and approve those complying with the specification requirements.
- Reviews contractor-submitted shop and as-built drawings, materials submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permits; a coordinate with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or their comments.
- Reviews contractors’ quality assurance and quality control programs, inspection and test plans, installation, testing, recommissioning and commissioning procedures, for electrical equipment and cable work, and provides comments for transmittal to the contractors.
- Reviews contractors’ submittals for Preliminary Equipment and Materials List, Recommended Spare Parts List, and Operation and Maintenance Manuals and coordinates with the concerned departments regarding approval of these documents.
- Arranges meetings between the cont5ractor and concerned departments to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
- Coordinates between the contractor and the concerned departments on all aspects of tie-in work for new electrical equipment and cables or additions to existing systems.
- Organizes, coordinates, and conducts in conjunction with the concerned department's acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent works until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
- Reviews contractors’ invoices for the correctness of installed quantities for the electrical portion of the permanent works.
- Resolves and ensures that contractor rectify deficiencies in the permanent works as reported by the concerned departments (end users) prior to acceptance of and transfer of the permanent woks to the Client.
- Prepares a daily report and assists the Resident Construction Manager (RCM) in preparing weekly and monthly reports on work progress.
- Attends a bi-weekly meeting with the contractor and prepares a report on the meeting.
- Initiates and prepares for RCM’s signature letters to contractors, and memo to other department managers.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from recognized western university with a minimum of 10 years of field on-the-job experience in electrical and design works, preferably in power plants, electrical substations, and high voltage (380kv/115kv) power distribution systems.
- Experience on new multi-story buildings or developments.
- Field Construction or working knowledge for supervision of building; electrical installations, testing and commissioning of low and medium voltage systems and equipment, basic relay and protection operation, transformers, lighting systems, cabling, general load flows and calculations.
- Experience with Construction drawings, One-lines, Shop drawings, Material submittals, and appropriate electrical codes and requirements (NEC, IEC or other related building codes and standards).
- Must obtain KSA Driving License
- Must be able to communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to solve problems and get things done.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Read construction schedules (Primavera and/or MS Project).
- AutoCAD is a benefit, but not a requirement.
- LEEDS, energy savings, or other Green technology experience is not a requirement but would be a big plus.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Resident Construction Engineer – Electrical – Buildings
Senior Electrical Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Lead Electrical Engineer