Job description / Role
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Senior Resident Construction Manager - Roads & Buildings with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
The Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM) Roads & Buildings function is to manage, & direct the assigned project (s) in such a manner as to assure its on-schedule completion within or below the established approved budget, in accordance with contractual obligations and good engineering practice, and in a manner satisfactory to the Client and the Company. The Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM) work normally involves total management of roads and buildings project’s technical, financial, and administrative functions.
• Under General Supervision reports to the Client’s Department of Construction Senior Management; Director and Manager of Construction, Section Manager, and ultimately to the Program Manager, and Senior Management of the Client.
• Directly supervises a staff consisting of, but not limited to, Senior and Resident Construction Engineers, Project Controls Manager & Engineers, Quality Manager, Site Engineers and Inspectors HSE Manager, Technical Manager, and all Administrative Staff assigned to the project (s).
Major Activities Performed:
• Develops overall construction management strategic plan to execute roads and building project(s) deliverables in adherence to the contract & stakeholder milestones.
• Establishes detailed construction scope of work for roads and building project(s) as directed by Division of Technical Affairs and Dept. of Construction Senior Management in conjunction with other divisions and Client and in accordance with project(s) proposal and contract.
• Establishes, the project(s) required staff and priorities in coordination with Department Senior Management to develop overall manpower requirements necessary to execute the scope(s) of work of project(s) undertaken.
• Generally responsible for all project contractor(s) oversight, daily management of quality assurance, and safety program adherence.
• Delegates the authority among the project team for the execution of the project construction program and, through the SRCE, RCE and other staff members, monitor these construction activities for compliance with established schedules and budgets.
• Monitors the progress of all project(s) functions and reports on their status to the Division Management and Client as required.
• Gives particular attention to reporting matters affecting project(s) overruns or delays and makes every effort with Division Management to rectify these conditions.
• Supplies Division Management and/or Client with current, accurate information regarding the status of all project(s) management functions by the maintenance of appropriate records and the periodic issuance of informative reports.
• Responsible and required to maintain, through the Project Staff, a Chronological file of project history, supported by the compilation of minutes of meetings and a daily log of significant events affecting the project.
• Keeps the Project Sponsor informed of significant project milestones and of major conditions that could affect the project costs, schedule of client relations.
• Provides the support required and assistant to the Client’s responsible division Dept. during the negotiation, and awarding of contracts as required.
• As the Authorized Representative of the Client, requires and responsible to adequately review and accurately approves all submitted contracts and supplier/vendors invoices and forwarding them to the appropriate Accounting Department for further processing for preparation of invoices to the client.
• Approves all submittals to the Client of project work outputs, information requests, advisor notices, project status reports, etc.
• Reviews all work for compliance with the contract. Identifies out-of-scope work requirements. Prepares contract change notices as required.
• Coordinates intracompany work assignments with other divisions, departments, and/or field offices.
• Performs other project management functions as required by Management.
• Establishes project management procedures for execution of construction management tasks.
• Creates, modifies, and updates the Project Management Plan and Project Execution Plan as required.
• Supervises the project(s)’ staff members of; Senior Resident Construction Engineers, Resident Construction Engineers, .etc.
• Manager and his subject matter experts in their duties to ensure Contractor compliance with Contract.
• Supervises other assigned engineering staff as deemed necessary by Management as well as any outstanding design efforts.
• The minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a recognized western college or university in a civil engineering field or a closely related field related to the work for which the individual is applying; construction management, Architecture, .etc.
• Master degree is a plus but not required.
• Membership or affiliation with professional organizations related to the individual’s speciality is preferred.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years of documented experience directly related to the construction supervision for which application is being made of which at least ten (10) years must have been spent in significant similar engineering and project supervisory assignments on mega projects as such wherein involving independent decisions and comparative responsibility.
• Experience must have included complete fiscal accountability for a moderate-size project(s) or project area in addition to the management of its engineering, budgeting, planning, procurement, and scheduling activities.
• Candidate should have experience in a variety of different types of contracts (EPC, PC, GMP, .etc.) as well as thorough knowledge in vertical and horizontal (Heavy/Civil) construction activities with experience performing in a Project Management Consultancy (PMC), and/or Construction Management (CM) Services.
• Ability to proficiently perform duties in accordance with the job description for a Senior Resident Construction Manager Project Manager (SRCM) supplemented by the following:
• Evidence of good potential shown by satisfactory past performance and growth in technical, fiscal, and management responsibilities in the engineering field.
• Evidence of superior initiative, judgment, and ability required to assume the total leadership of a complete large-scale project(s).
• Evidence of acceptable personal characteristics which will enhance Client relationships and maintain a good image of the Company.
• Evidence of acceptable leadership experience to direct and manage a 20+ person staff
• Mandatory construction experience in vertical and horizontal project(s).
• Mandatory knowledge of claim mitigation.
• Understanding of complex civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection building systems, and how they interface.
• 3-5 years Prior Program Management Consultancy Experience preferable
• Prior experience in the Middle East is preferable, but not mandatory.
• Understanding of Oracle Primavera Schedules, Cost Engineering, Estimating, and Unit Price Contract Management.
• Understanding of International Building Codes & US Green Building Council LEED Project Requirements
• Understanding of FIDIC requirements.
• Understanding of construction budgets and the pay request procedure.
• Experience in managing multiple contractors in a restricted workspace at heights
• Experience in Closing Out and Commissioning Projects
• Experience with MS Office, Oracle Primavera, Adobe Acrobat, & Autodesk Software
• Must be fluent in English.
• Understand Arabic language is preferable but not required.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.