Senior Resident Engineer - Infrastructure
Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.As one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation, and other infrastructure programmes.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region
Atkins is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Resident Engineer with experience in Infrastructure projects. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Atkins creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
To manage and implement all aspects of the Quality I HSE management systems and control site supervision service provision in support of the Site Operations Department goals for performance improvement and completion of project functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the required leadership to the team, establishes the appropriate organization and assigns work tasks for the proper execution of the work.
- Plans, organizes, and ensures adequate staffing, execution, and monitoring of all field engineering activities and related support operations.
- Provides guidance regarding scope of work, schedules, procedures, field construction problems, and other technical information. Determines staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Establishes, monitors, and maintains construction engineering quality control in the field.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with project design engineering, client representatives, and contractors.
- Maintains project control documentation, design drawings and specifications, back-charge documents, change orders, etc.
- Reviews material submittals, recommends approval, forwards to the Client for final approval and follows-up with the Client, as applicable.
- Monitors contractor performance pertaining to schedule and conformance to plans and specifications. Performs technical reviews and evaluations.
- Conducts performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Reviews contract programs and assessment of progress.
- Frequently interfaces with upper-level management and client personnel. Keeps them informed of the progress and relay potential problem that may affect the project so a prompt action can be made.
- Prepares technical reports and conduct high quality presentations.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate .
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Minimum 25 years of experience with increasingly responsible positions in construction supervision.
- Knowledge of contract language, standard contract conditions such as FIDIC.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes and working knowledge of the industry practices.
- Ability to work independently and manage an entire project team. Proven leadership capability is required.
- Safety awareness and training.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, office and communication software.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 working days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual return airfare to point of origin
Get job alerts
x Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Our commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
What does equality, diversity and inclusion look like at the SNC-Lavalin Group?
We believe in providing everyone with an equal voice because simply put, it's the right thing to do.
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).