Job description / Role
We are looking for a Senior Risk Manager, who can set up a risk management system and develop and undertake advanced quantitative project risk analysis plans including Cost, Schedule and integrated Cost and Schedule analyses, to enable robust forecasting and tracking of risk exposure.
• Delivery of risk management services to the client’s Development department as part of capital project delivery in compliance with client’s governance, processes and objectives.
• Use knowledge and experience to ensure identification and management of all significant risks to achievement of project objectives.
• Promote, set up and implement a risk management system, making it appropriate to the needs of the project through the project lifecycle.
• Lead the Risk Management function providing effective direction
• Ensure that resources are made available to maintain efficient and timely capture and treatment of risks and opportunities.
• Development and implementation of project risk management plans.
• Delivery of discrete risk interventions and imbedded risk management services, as part of the Development team.
• Delivery of value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities.
• Facilitation of workshops in the client’s environment, using advanced methods for risk, value and lessons learnt processes.
• Undertaking day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring.
• Production of periodic risk reporting including profiled risk expenditure, impacted risk / drawdown and risk exposure changes.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant field
• At least 15 years of experience required with at least 5-10 years risk management experience including evidence of delivery of major projects and / or programmes
• Experience in the construction or infrastructure sectors.
• .xtensive experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example: atRisk and Primavera Risk Analysis (previously Pertmaster), including the analysis of complex logic-linked cost-loaded schedules.
• Experience using Enterprise Risk Management tools, for example, Active Risk Manager (ARM), Predict! and Oracle PPM (P6R).
• Experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases.
• Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including: project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management and reporting.
• Evidence of previous experience in definition and delivery of risk management plans within projects.
• In depth understanding of planning techniques and tools, including P6 and Microsoft Project.
• Experience delivering risk management at Programme or Strategic level.
• Experience of working in a client environment.
• Experience in application of a variety of contract forms.
• Experience in working for a complex business environment or large consultancy.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Strong team player
• High level of discretion and integrity
Arcadis is fully supportive of Nationalisation programs in the Middle East and warmly invite Nationals in all regions to apply.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.