Job description / Role
About the Position:
- Monitor the maintenance quality of rotating equipment in the plant, to ensure the enhancement of performance, availability and service factor
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Maintain and analyze the equipment parameters readings of major maintenance activities, take necessary actions in coordination with the concerned department
- Follow up on maintenance of rotating equipment to ensure the quality and check the data before and after the repairs. Perform checks on all rotating equipment after repairs or overhauls
- Prepare and issue rotating equipment inspection reports
- Work with maintenance to ensure precision practices in installation of rotating machinery and in particular alignment and balancing, precision installation of piping and infrastructure
- Commission the equipment after shutdowns in coordination with production, using applicable technologies e.g. vibration analysis, motor current data, oil analysis etc. against applicable acceptance criteria
- Work with purchasing to improve the specifications for reliability improvement
- Work with warehouse to assure precision and quality storage for equipment and spares
- Provide day-to-day support to operations & maintenance
- Participate in root cause failure analyses
- Develop job scopes and provide effective QA support for turnaround activities
- Review data recorded during shutdown inspections, compare with specification data, and initiate necessary actions in coordination with concerned department
- Follow up on quality control of rotating equipment repaired at outside shops
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of maintenance activity is carried out in an efficient manner consistent with operating procedures and policies
- Focus on uptime/output losses and the causes of those losses via Pareto analysis.
- Perform root cause analysis, develop a plan for eliminating those losses, assure plans approval and then facilitate implementation
- Recommend improvements to departmental procedures and direct the implementation of instructions and controls covering a specific area of maintenance activity so that all relevant procedural/statutory requirements are fulfilled while providing a quality and cost-effective service to the customers
- Ensure compliance with relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and standards within defined area of maintenance activity to guarantee employee safety, statutory compliance, delivery of high quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude
- Managerial Responsibilities
About the Candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an operating plant.
- Minimum 2 years experience of rotating equipment data analysis. Experience of maintenance planning using SAP or other computerized business management tools
Behavioral / Leadership Competency
- Result Orientation
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Safety Orientation
- Equipment Life Cycle Management
- Process Improvement & Optimization
- Engineering Analysis
- Engineering Systems and Tools
- Safety Measures and Standards
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.