Senior Safety Studies Engineer
Job description / Role
- To work with assigned organizations to determine safety needs, advance SATORP safety standards and processes, prepare safety studies and reports for the Royal Commission and advise on improvements to safety performance and compliance with Company policies.
- Support the Loss Prevention Head in contributing to the implementation of the Safety Management System and safety programs and measures in accordance with the Oil Industry best practices; national and international rules in matters of Industrial Safety (Prevention and Risk Management), Emergency Preparedness and Safety Behavior.
- Work with key organizations to promote, implement, and administer the Safety Management System.
- Oversee the implementation of behavioural based safety initiative and provide coaching.
- Support day-to-day activities and provide relative safety advice to assigned SATORP organizations.
- Conduct incident investigations as guided by the Safety Manager and the Safety Supervisor.
- Conduct risk assessments on an as-needed basis.
- Provide advice on safety procedures so that all jobs within the Refinery can be performed in a safe way.
- Develop strategies to disseminate Company safety rules and regulation on a regular basis to SATORP employees.
- Prepare safety studies with the aim to get approval for specific projects from the Royal Commission.
- Participate in the management of change process.
- Ensure compliance of safety process with Saudi Arabia Government regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Safety Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Six (6) years of experience in Health and Safety in a Petroleum profession or similar.
- Good knowledge of safety processes.
- Good knowledge of Safety management system development and implementation.
- Good knowledge of Hazard identification and quantitative and qualitative risk analysis and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Safety behaviour improvement.
- Good knowledge of Incident/injury prevention.
- Ability to work with relevant safety tools such as HAZOP and HAZIP.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Capable of giving strong attention to details.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong command of oral and written English.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)