Senior Site Architect
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Senior Site Architect for a high-profile project in Jeddah. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the architectural project deliverables are? successfully delivered on time.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Manage the project and supervise teams to successfully deliver high quality Architectural projects in line with the Project Life Cycle and client requirements by coordinating with the local / international building codes authority regulations i.e IBC,NBC,NFPA, FLS, Civil defense, BS-EN,SBC,etc.
* Responsible for the overall management of the project internally and lead interface with the client project team regarding all site architectural matters
* Review quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
* Ensure that the architectural project deliverables are on time, within required level of quality
* Review architectural designs shop drawings materials method statements samples and ensure adherence to the concept & IFC drawings throughout the site construction process.
* Ensure the samples are well reviewed for client requirements and coordinate with client approving authority / PMC prior issuing approval to the contractor.
* Ensure standard architectural specifications are maintained and kept up-to-date.
* Ensure employer requirements are implemented.
* Initiate and participate in design reviews in alignment with the QMS system
* Coordinate with Design Architect for all combined or related architectural packages & site queries.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree educated, fully qualified Architect with over 12 years post graduate working experience and 8? years in KSA or GCC supervision role, preferably with a recognized global architectural consultancy or reputed contracting company
* Previous experience of working as a site-based architect. Essentially having detailed knowledge of post contract supervision role and responsibilities related to review of contractor's shop drawings, submittals and site inspection procedures coordinate with the client & PMC representing the company
* Experience with Local Authorities regulations, IBC & NBC codes, coordinate with FLS & civil defense code compliances.
* Review architectural designs shop drawings materials submissions, method statements, materials samples and ensure adherence to the concept & IFC drawings throughout the site construction process.
* Working knowledge of Autocad, Revit, Navisworks, BIM
* Experience of working on commercial / residential high rise / tall tower building projects.
* Excellent written and communication skills in the English language. Able to build excellent client relations through my communication and multi-disciplinary coordination skills
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.