Job description / Role
The Solution Integration team is at the cornerstone of the global Software Delivery Organization. The mission of the SWS team is to ensure first class solution integration and deployment, meeting customer requirements on time and on budget. The Sr Service Engineer is a part of SWS integration and delivery team. In addition to his/her key mission, he closely interfaces with the customer/contractors, performs all required work related to integrations and delivery/maintenance and support contracts.
Responsibilities and Accountability:
- This role is responsible to assess and manage activities on-site in KSA with support from regional team in Dubai.
- This role will also have a high degree of 'hands-on' activity.
- Must own the software activities on site and coordinate activities with different stockholders
- Manage the relation with the regional delivery center and product development for software matters related.
- Share responsibility with PM/DM through close coordination for project execution and customer support
- In the context of SWS project execution within the software delivery organization, the software solution Integration team is responsible for end-to-end system integration of the project including configuration management, build and deployment, integration of customs and external system interfaces, delivery of test platforms, and system maintenance documentation.
- Collaborate with delivery and integration team to proactively ensure that all systems setup and configuration tasks are completed to achieve solution acceptance by customer.
- Drive technical expertise in the domains of EMS/DMS/OMS/MMS/WAMS SW and HW integration, Third party integration, and continuous integration.
- Drive excellence in execution through continuous improvement via the adoption of global tools and processes and cost competitiveness actions
- Comply and contribute to elaboration of relevant Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in Quality Management System.
- Report or resolve any process non-conformance in a timely manner.
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented in his/her area of responsibility.
- Sets the example by demonstrating the proper acts and actively observes work conditions.
- Actively participates in defining corrective actions when work is unsafe or when an uncontrolled risk is observed.
- Routinely observes routines and behaviors of others and provides immediate feedback regarding unsafe behavior and celebrates achievements or safe behaviors.
- Actively and routinely promotes the identification of hazards and near misses.
- Customer Satisfaction.
- On Time Delivery.
- Cost deviation + committed budget (effort) deviation.
- Software Delivery Processes Compliance.
- Degree level or equivalent experience
Desired Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong experience in software delivery organization with operation (project delivery) background
- Strong background in integration aspects related to computer systems, preferred e-terra software.
- Industry knowledge in the field of operation and multi sites project organizations with knowledge on several aspects such as eterra software SCADA, PSA, EMS, DMS and platform hardware - not necessarily an expert on each domain but at least understanding the main subsystems and can assess and manage activities
- Process and methodology oriented.
- People management and ability drive people towards a common goal.
- Highly collaborative and able to work across the organization to accomplish common goals.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page:
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.