Job description / Role
Senior Sous Chef - Hot Kitchen
You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team. The food you prepare, cook and serve makes our guests smile and wanting more.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with the Main Kitchen, you will be responsible for menu and research and development, production, food costing, and the overall day to day Ala Carte Kitchen operation
- Oversees and Support the Hot Kitchen / Ala Carte Kitchen in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications, Theme night Menu and Brunch
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Actively on follow the trends worldwide
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to property recipes and standards
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team and thrive for guest feedback
Your experience and skills include:
- 6 years' work experience
- Calm and have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment but motivational leadership style
- Fantastic passion for presentation and a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team
- A passion for developing the team and sharing your expertise
- Goal oriented attitude and an impressive palate for flavour
- Add diplomas/certifications required if needed
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.