Job description / Role
At GE Software, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines.
- Responsible for designing Testing Strategy and implementation for highly complex modules, critical components and whole application/product release in its entirety
- Has the vision to understand, design and integrate quality within SDLC
- Works independently and is seen as a technical leader
- Responsible for driving the Quality Engineering efforts across unit, module, system and user acceptance testing
- Leads discussions about Quality Engineering across product / application release
- Proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation
- Provides expertise in Design, Architecture, and Development Quality Engineering perspective
- Leads impact assessment and decision related to Quality Engineering plan and strategy for the whole release
- Provides expert oversight, mentoring team members and leading quality initiatives in large development efforts
- Experienced in effectively delegating work
- Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus
- Provides subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations
- Navigates through ambiguity, prioritizes conflicting asks and shows ability to adapt to changing project situations
- Demonstrates expert level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, Influences decisions and an ability to take strategic view
- Shows deep understanding of architecture, scalability, availability and performance considerations as well as its impact on quality engineering
- Leads Quality Engineering efforts across the product version/s
- Provides expertise in continuous integration process and test automation while mentoring and training team members in the process
- Please note: this is an EVERGREEN position, meaning that the Talent Acquisition Specialist will contact suitable candidates as soon as the intake for this vacancy opens. Currently we are gathering potential candidates who would be interested in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in OR Master's degree with 3 years of experience
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience specifically with developing automated testing solutions
- Extensive experience in test automation
- Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing)
- Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
- Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, GreenHopper, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments
- Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale
- Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions
- Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy
- Makes suggestions to course correct
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments
- Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks
- Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.