Job description / Role
About the Position:
- Coordinate all static equipment reliability issues to assure their availability and performance. Provide technical support, assistance and guidance for maintenance and engineering activities. Monitor and control maintenance costs thru QA/QC checks
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Provide static equipment engineering / technical support to operations/maintenance/turnaround planning including field troubleshooting, repair scope development, materials specifications, training and interaction with contractor personnel.
- To follow up the maintenance/repair of the static equipment to ensure the work quality. Approves and repairs work thru relevant NDTs for reliable equipment performance.
- Responsible for developing, executing and tracking shutdown and turnaround scopes based on RBI. Updating all inspections in RBI software for ever greening.
- Participate in failure investigations of static equipment. Develop long term strategies and recommendations for elimination the failures and improving the equipment reliability and availability.
- Monitor the financial performance of a given area of activity versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Recommend improvements to departmental procedure and direct the implementation of instructions and controls covering a specific area of Maintenance activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Managerial Responsibilities
About the Candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 Years
Behavioral/ Leadership Competency
- Result Orientation
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Safety Orientation
Functional Competency Competency Level
- Equipment Life Cycle Management
- Process Improvement & Optimization
- Engineering Analysis
- Engineering Systems and Tools
- Safety Measures and Standards
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.