Job description / Role
Careers that Change Lives
Do you want to be part of Global Indirect Supply Management (ISM) a professional organization supporting Medtronic’s businesses to generate sustainable profit by developing, coordinating and executing state of art Sourcing & Procurement processes on a Global/Regional/Local scale.
With central steering and regional service, we will realize the associated benefits:
- Close cooperation with the Functional / BU’s / Country Stakeholders/Customers (customer focus)
- Sustainable Cost Savings that hit the EBIT line, Cost Avoidances and improved Cash Flow
- Third Party supplier solution that support business strategy
A Day in the Life
We offer you a position where you will contribute to the overall result of Medtronic by managing the Indirect Spend (Non Product Related) at Third Parties within the Sourcing Hub on the most efficient and effective manner while meeting internal customer demand in terms of availability and contingency of requested goods or services;
- Support (EMEA) Category Management in developing Category Sourcing Strategies and Plans, provide Hub-specific requirements and take care of implementation within the Hub, drive (contract) compliance and regional Supplier and Contract Management. Ensure performance is defined in SLA’s and measured and monitored on KPI’s agreed upon with internal stakeholders.
- For Hub Specific Spend to evaluate and select new Vendors (gatekeeping), negotiate and agree terms and conditions and contracts. Implement and manage Hub-specific Contracts and Suppliers.
- Represent Indirect Supply Management function within the Hub, supporting local management in managing their needs on the most cost efficient and effective way, mitigating (supply) risk and ensuring compliance to applicable (corporate) requirements, processes and guidelines.
- Ensure all Terms and Conditions are made available to allow the Operational Sourcing organization to process the Purchasing Requisition in OneSource (SRM) in a timely, efficient and correct manner.
- Foster and drive changes enabling successful execution of defined Sourcing Strategies and Plans (incl. cultural and mindset changes) thru professional stakeholder management/engagement.
- You have a master’s or bachelor’s degree and an additional accreditation in procurement such as Nevi or CIPS / CPM or/and relevant equivalent working experience;
- Commitment to accuracy and solid reporting/analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Indirect / NPR Categories in terms of products, services and contracts.
- You dispose of good negotiating/communication/presentation skills, good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Comfortable in working with MS office and especially MS Excel and big data files
- Fluent in English and Arabic language.
- Track record in achieving cost savings and (successful) Contract Implementation/Management
- Knowledge of the PtP-process
- Working experience in Sourcing / Purchasing / Procurement, preferably within an international (indirect spend) matrix environment, comfortable with working in cross-functional teams
- Recognized qualification in strategic, tactical and operational Sourcing / Purchasing /Procurement or substantial professional experience (>7 yrs.) in (indirect) Sourcing in a matrix organization
- Commitment to accuracy and solid reporting
- Change management skills
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge and experience in ARIBA SAP a plus
- Knowledge of Indirect/NPR Sourcing in terms of business dynamics, markets, innovation requirements and growth opportunities is a plus
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the future.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
About the Company
Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology - alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world.
Medtronic's mission is:
To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
To maintain good citizenship as a company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Baddad Capital