Job description / Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our expanding team in the Middle East, to work on a range of challenging projects, in our Civil/Building Structures practise based in Saudi Arabia.
- The successful candidate will be a Lead Structural Engineer with a proven track record in the design of buildings and civil engineering or infrastructure-related structures, in reinforced concrete, and structural steelwork.
- Candidates should be practical and demonstrate good commercial skills that will help develop and expand our business in the region.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- A good academic background with a civil engineering bachelors or masters degree
- Chartered status in civil or structural engineering
- Experience undertaking the design of water-retaining structures, building structures, steelwork or related infrastructure.
- Has worked within multi-disciplinary teams, and has been responsible for co-ordination with MEP, Architecture, Utilities.
- Min 12+ years experience working on similar projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (clear, concise report writing will be expected)
- A high motivation to succeed, and to progress and develop their chosen careers
- A personality compatible with a high degree of collaborative and team work
- Practical experience of design and detailing to British, European codes.
- Commercially aware with a flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- Working knowledge of relevant structural design software e.g. Plaxis, Robot, ETABS, Staad Pro
- Liaison with Clients, Contractors, design team and third parties
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
- Working with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information
- Excellent team player
- Decisive, clear and consistent in approach to Structural Engineering Design
- Sound communicator
- Excellent technical judgement
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of Structural Engineering workload delivery
- Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail
- Passionate about Structural Engineering and drive to exceed the requirements of internal and external stakeholders
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).