Job description / Role
NATURE AND SCOPE:
• The High Performance Global construction subcontracts sourcing team is primarily responsible for all strategic sourcing activities for construction for new plants built by Air Products worldwide.
• As such, Senior Subcontracts Manager is responsible for developing, negotiating, implementing and maintaining competitively advantageous supply strategies and contract arrangements to improve Air Products' competitiveness and enable world-class projects execution.
• This position is responsible for implementing new approaches and strategies to improve our product offering and project execution costs in Middle East region.
• To effect this, the incumbent must develop an intimate knowledge of Air Products' offering and related technologies.
• He/she will be expected to understand and challenge technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost reduction initiatives.
• He/she will understand and promote current best-in-class sourcing strategies and methodologies across the industry.
• Strong sourcing, organizational, written, and negotiating skills are required.
• The candidate must possess both excellent analytical and leadership skills.
• He/she will need to have the knowledge, experience, and ability to employ the appropriate influence strategies with engineering teams, sourcing teams, and business stakeholders to meet established goals and objectives.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information, across cultures and organizations is a key success factor.
• The individual will be expected to take ownership for preparing, modifying and leading commercial negotiations of engineering, construction and EPC type contracts.
• Prior experience in awarding and managing EPC & construction contracts is a must.
• Individual is expected to bring substantial expertise in managing risks and function independently as a primary commercial advisor for proposal and project execution teams.
• The individual will be responsible for conducting sourcing events and managing contracts for his/her area of responsibility.
• He/she will have full knowledge of implementing The Air Products Way including all e-enabled technologies and experience in SAP contracting process is preferred.
• The individual will also, on an as-needed basis, provide additional execution support with project execution or our operating plants and facilities around the world.
• Travel will be required for this position both short & long business trips of 1 or 2 weeks periodically throughout the year.
• Overall travel is expected to be 50%.
• Average Annual Spend Managed $100MM
• Categories Supported Globally Engineering Services & Construction Subcontracts
• Commitment Authority $300M
• Supply Contracts Size Range Up to $10MM - $50MM
• Businesses Supported All APCI businesses, primarily Project Execution
• Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
• Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), supported business and functional organization to achieve goals.
• Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements.
• Identify and qualify EPC companies, engineering & construction contractors meeting Air Products requirements
• Develop base intelligence strategies to ensure Air Products benefits from latest supply offering
• Bring innovative solutions to maximize value proposition for products and bid opportunities.
• Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools (Ariba / Qlickview) to launch inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals.
• Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead sourcing reviews with cross functional teams.
• Develop and negotiate frame work engineering agreements to support Air Products competitive offering.
• Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
• Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery.
• Identify, develop and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks.
• Manage relationships with suppliers and maintain interface at senior level within their organizations.
• Act as an escalation point for contractor interface for project execution issues when relevant
• Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
• Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies,
• Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
• Ability to work cross functionally within Air Products
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
• Strong understanding of macro-economic factors
• Financial and Business acumen
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, One Note) and collaborative tools.
• Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
• Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical / Civil) degree is plus. Masters of Business Administration degree is a plus.
• 15 years of work experience in an industrial environment.
• Thorough understanding of Air Products offering and markets.
• Thorough understanding of assigned categories and related market
• Thorough understanding and prior experience in contracts and contractual language.
• Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must. Second language is a plus.
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. Focused on serving energy, environment and emerging markets, we provide essential industrial gases, related equipment and applications expertise to customers in dozens of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We are also the global leader in the supply of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. Air Products develops, engineers, builds, owns and operates some of the world's largest industrial gas projects, including gasification projects that sustainably convert abundant natural resources into syngas for the production of high-value power, fuels and chemicals.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||15 Feb|
Senior Procurement Manager
|Ras Al Khaimah||6 Mar|