Job description / Role
Provides technical and operational systems administration. Installs, maintains, develops, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security, availability and integrity of the systems, applications and infrastructure which managed by SE.
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
• Troubleshoot systems and application errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
• Deploy developed systems and application on targeted environments.
• Work with other technical departments (security, computing, networking, and enterprise architecture) to ensure fulfilment of infrastructures and application development related activities.
• Managing and support multiple environments (development, testing, staging and production).
• Creating and managing system permissions and user accounts.
• To respond to service incidents within the times specified in any Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Collaborate with various managers and other SE personnel to improve existing processes, increase automation and meet SE operational goals.
• Installing upgrades and patches to existing systems and environments.
• Setting up and maintain required documentation and standards.
• Mentorship and tutoring for newcomers and/or junior team members.
• Be available for on-call support as needed.
• Experience in managing both Linux (RHEL, Centos) and Windows Servers.
• Experience in Server logs management and troubleshooting.
• Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
• Expert skill level executing high-availability technologies (replication, mirroring, failover clusters, etc.).
• Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts.
• Knowledge in network related concepts (IP networks, subnets, routing)
• Experience in security and Firewall configuration and management.
• Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
• Experience in configuring systems and application environments.
• Experience in High Availability and performance requirements (Load Balancer, Clustering)
• Understanding of XML, JSON, XSLT, SOAP, XML Schemas, WSDL concepts, and RESTful web services.
• Experience in JBoss / Tomcat Application Servers , Version Control Systems (SVN/GIT) and JMS Queues or RabbitMQ.
• Knowledge Security protocols (Open id connect , Oath2 , JWT)
• Experience in automation and DevOps tools is preferred (Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes).
• Scripting language experience (i.e., Shell, Perl, python).
• Familiarity with programming languages API.
• Knowledge with on-prem and public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.