Job description / Role
A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position. The objectives of the Senior Technical Expert position will include providing high level strategic and technical advice to the DGTA; to ensure the successful planning and implementation of the JCPDI Strategy, JCPDI Master Plan, Annual Work Plan and projects.
A brief synopsis of reporting relationships; i.e., reports to, supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc. Reports to the DGTA, interfaces and works closely with other DGs and RC Directors.
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
- Work closely with the DGTA to plan and implement the Master Plan and associated urban planning projects so that they meet the JCPDI program’s objectives.
- Advises the DGTA in establishing and implementing divisional objectives, policies and procedures.
- Actively establish the divisional business plan, budget planning and performance schedules.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the DGTA, to ensure best practice and technology is utilized. Identify, and resolve technical and other issues.
- Provide oversight to manpower requirements and schedules needed to execute the program.
- Undertake high level reviews of project interfaces and ensure that coordination with all departments are established and functional.
- Participate in department monthly program-wide status reviews, and in the maintenance of effective department procedures, KPI's and QA/QC procedures.
- Perform site inspection visits to ensure that work performance and progress is in accordance with schedule, and acceptable health and safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Represent the DGTA in the Executive Management Meetings as necessary.
- Coordinate with other Divisions in the implementation of the Master Plan deliverables and initiatives.
- Oversee and review the preparation of key contractual documents and correspondence with the JCPDI Management.
- Oversee private-sector projects and rehabilitation contracts.
- Oversee contractors' performance and ensure that contractor/subcontractor quality and health, safety and environmental concerns are appropriately handled.
- Oversee the evaluation and recommend approval for project proposals.
- Assist the DGTA in identifying gaps in knowledge and skillsets of staff, and implement appropriate training and career path advancement tools.
Experience and Qualifications:
List the background experience required for the position, number of years’ experience, in what fields. Describe the desirable academic background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 15 years of experience within the urban planning industry, preferably with 10 years working at a manager or director level for PMCs or Client representatives.
- Experienced in the management of multiple simultaneous mega projects and various contracting formats.
- Effective leadership in major Master planning and urban planning projects including technical and contractual problem solving.
- Evidence of superior initiative, judgments, and ability required to assume the total leadership of complete large-scale programs.
- Evidence of recent experience at a level commensurate with this classification.
- Large-scale residential/commercial and infrastructure construction experience including major master planning works (site development, buildings, roads and other works).
- Experience with government or municipality projects, coordinating & dealing with public agencies etc.
- Excellent English language skills including reading, writing and speaking is essential.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Power Point Presentation).
- Due to region and client preference we are looking for Saudi Nationals for this role
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.