Job description / Role
One of the top 5 consultant engineering in the world.
• Create, write, review and update Engineering / Technical Procedures, Manuals, Guidelines, Schedules and their relevant processes.
• Establish and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
• Perform reviews of existing technical and engineering procedures and documents (as required) produced by the department and other entities and provide structured feedback for enhancement.
• Complete technical research and liaise with Subject Matter Experts, Technical Leads, Standards and Codes Organizations and experts within
Sectors and Departments:
• Plan and outline technical documents, clearly define the purpose, content and present to document contributors and stakeholders and incorporate feedback.
• Cross reference documents and ensure commonality of definitions, abbreviations, terms, setting out, presentation and structure.
• Research, develop and document technical design specifications and text scripts.
• Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy.
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
• Manage updates and revisions to all department documentations.
• Produce Forms and Templates, Workflows, Charts, Figures and Diagrams to enhance technical documents, reduce their complexity and increase their usability.
• Conduct and lead meetings and workshops and explain technical documents produced.
Education And Qualification:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or technical field is a plus.
• Member of professional engineering body or technical writing body is a plus.
• 20+ years’ experience.
• 10+ years’ experience in technical writing in the field of Engineering codes and standards
• Experience in writing Policies and governance is a plus.
• Experience in specification writing is plus.
• Experience in large corporate engineering setup or standards and codes organization is a plus.
Strong technical knowledge:
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Good knowledge in writing Policies and governance
• Excellent grammar, spelling and writing skills.
• A demonstrated ability to interact effectively with department personnel and management.
• Excellent oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in English (required).
• Proficiency in Arabic (is a plus).
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering