Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior bilingual Translator for our Project Management Office in Riyadh, KSA. The role will involve translating documents from Arabic to English & vice versa and assisting in the production of Arabic written reports. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a spectrum of high profile projects that Faithful+Gould are involved in, helping to shape the future of Riyadh and the wider Kingdom or Saudi Arabia.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart. â€‹
- A relevant translation qualification such Bachelor's Degree in English / English Literature or a Diploma in Translation.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- The proven ability to translate technical documents.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Strong proven administration skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Min 10 years experience as a Translator in a professional environment, with 5 years in a similar role.
- Providing technical documents accurately translated to the project teams
- Maintaining and updating a glossary of English and Arabic translated technical terms, job titles and specialized terminology.
- Proof reading translated documents.
- Interpreting business correspondence and assisting with drafting responses.
- Acting as an interpreter in meetings as and when required.
- Occasionally presenting reports to clients.
- Producing high quality reports as required.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).