Job description / Role
Major Activities Performed:
• Review existing plans and analyze urban design issues at the level required (city scale lot scale)
• Prepare reports (text and especially graphics) on all aspects of urban design, including city image, site design, building design, streetscape, signage, landscaping, lighting and public art
• Make presentations when required.
• Work with engineering and planning staff on resolving design issues
• Review developer proposals and make comments as necessary
• Prepare Specific Area Plans for localized parts of the city including Concepts designs, Preliminary Master
• Planning designs and detailed Land subdivision / parcellation plans re building and infrastructure interfaces
• Provide advice on elements of urban design at the streetscape and site - specific level
• Provide input on urban design for Zoning Regulations and similar implementation measures.
• Sit on committees and provide advice and input senior management on urban design factors.
• Prepare Technical Scope of Work for projects carried out by the Urban Design Unit
• Perform any task in the related field assigned by Manager or by Management.
• The Senior Urban Designer is responsible for addressing the design aspects of urban development at all levels the city structure (overall urban form and image), specific area plans (e.g., the waterfront, city center, etc.) subdivision plans, streetscape plans, and site planning e.g. lot layout, facade details etc.)
Experience and Qualifications:
• Western nationality with Western qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning or Architecture
• Master's degree in Urban Design (preferred)
• 12 years of relevant experience
• Experience in urban design preferably with a consulting company, related industrial, residential, recreational, commercial and mixed used developments with community and support facilities for the applicable uses
• International experience, particularly in the Middle East, is desirable.
• Excellent graphic skills and be capable of independent report production and graphic presentations.
• Capable of developing conceptual urban design
• Good written and verbal presentation skills in English.
• Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable.
• Skilled in graphic software - AutoCAD based software, 3D SudioMax, and Abode Creative Suite etc.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.