Job description / Role
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice. Typically you will be involved with a range of high-profile projects such as the NEOM portfolio.
Due to the tremendous growth occurring, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Urban Designer/Planner to work in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers. The fast-paced work environment enables team members to work on a variety of projects. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual looking to develop their international experience with a world-renowned multidisciplinary consultant.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of a variety of projects often happening concurrently.
- Take ownership of medium to large scale design and production packages under the supervision of the Design/Project Director.
- Organise and graphicly develop client presentations.
- Work to a programme for deliverables and advise senior staff of any issues which may affect delivery.
- Work within agreed design standards and parameters with senior staff.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables meet the expectations of senior staff.
- Work within a multidisciplinary, multicultural team.
- Undertake technical co-ordination with other disciplines.
- Degree of post graduate qualification in urban design, urban planning landscape architecture, or related field and preferably with a professional affiliation (or eligible for membership)
- Candidates will ideally have minimum 8-10 years relevant working experience in urban design, urban planning and master planning
- Lead the production of high-quality urban planning, design and master planning project submissions in the UAE, KSA and the wider Middle East and Africa
- Lead in the preparation of technical bids and fee proposals for master planning and urban design projects and other major infrastructure projects where appropriate
- Strong design and graphics capabilities and ability to communicate ideas via various visual and graphic media including hand and computer graphics
- Fully conversant with Adobe Creative Suite with demonstrable graphics and visualisation skills
- Competent in PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Experience in working with a multidisciplinary team desirable
- Strong design management, report production and coordination skills
- An understanding of sustainability issues within the public realm. (LEED or similar experience and advantage)
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Capable of working on own initiative or as part of a larger multidisciplinary team
- Have a logical and organized approach to project delivery of project outputs
- Will be required to travel within the Middle East region to projects in a variety of geographical locations, including Saudi Arabia
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, attending meetings, workshops and seminars
- Other duties associated with the main role and responsibilities will be requested from time to time
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 days working a week)
- Flight allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).