Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
The Senior Utility Engineer will be responsible for supervising and monitoring all Operation & Maintenance water operations, maintenance, engineering functions of water distribution system in Jazan to ensure compliance with the O&M Division, Royal Commission standards and specifications. Provide technical advice to the Operation & Maintenance contractors on installation, repair and maintenance of various water distribution systems and review and updated engineering drawings.
Major Activities Performed:
• Supervise and monitor O&M contractors technical and engineering functions on water system to ensure that the contractor meeting satisfactory performance in accordance with the Royal Commission standards.
• Review Operation & Maintenance Engineering Work Request (EWR) for Water Distribution System and design drawings related to Operation & Maintenance projects.
• Assist in the Operation & Maintenance inspection, test and acceptance of all Water Distribution related systems projects in Jazan.
• Supervise planning and scheduling of works for Operation & Maintenance in daily activities to accommodate future growth within the scope of work.
• Review and approve O&M contractor’s test procedures and as-built drawings for a new water distribution system as required.
• Prepare O&M plans and conceptual designs for expansion requirements for Water Distribution in Jazan.
• Evaluate O&M contractors’ proposed solutions to specific technical and engineering problems and advises changes, when necessary.
• Provide technical assistance to Operation & Maintenance in the development of projects and RFP’s.
• Perform studies related to energy consumption and water conservation.
• Participate in daily meeting for planning and maintenance and engineering to review, discuss and explore an alternative to resolve any potential problems on equipment and auxiliaries.
• Review technical specifications of new projects, coordinate with consultants and contractors all project activities and supervise commissioning.
• Prepare yearly maintenance operation plans.
• Witness the testing and commissioning of the equipment post shut down to ensure that all maintenance work is done effectively and respond immediately to emergencies.
• Act as a focal point of all departmental development initiatives and business processes including regulatory performance measures Royal Commission KPI.
• Monitor the financial performance of a given area of activity versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized.
• Ensure compliance in all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Perform any job assigned by the department based on the requirement.
• Participate in investigate incidents/accidents in plant and analysis the cause(s) and take or recommend corrective action including modification, repairing and or replacement of equipment.
• Develop update standard operating procedures for the water system and its auxiliaries.
• Develop standard operational policies, procedures, work instructions, and support the implementation of instructions and controls covering all operations business development activities.
• Supervise and monitor laboratory for water quality to make sure the quality of water within RCER regulations & standards.
Reports to the Department Director and interfaces with O&M Departments, RC projects, Constructions and Engineering Departments on the water distribution system and the related technical activities and coordinate with various Royal Commission Departments.
• A recognized University Degree in related Engineering with (15) years of professional experience, ten (10) year of which have been spent in design and O&M of water distribution with in-depth experience in Water Distribution System Engineering.
• Project management experience
• PE Engineering license (PE) from the country of origin is required
• Coordination with other utilities and disciplines.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.