Job description / Role
- Provide our customers with the most compelling destination for consumables by exceeding our customers' expectations for selection, pricing, availability, and convenience.
- Responsible for aspects of the category, including buying and vendor relations, pricing, the website customer experience, merchandising, editorial and graphic content, and inventory management and replenishment.
- Increase the number of brands, products and subcategories available to customers by signing new vendors to supply relationships and creating compelling new product presentations on the website.
- Work with team members on the organization's values to develop and grow in the organization whilst implementing Amazonian systems and processes within Saudi Arabia.
- Work closely with the Operation teams to create fast and defect-free delivery of products while maintaining costs within the company's financial goals.
- Accelerate organic growth rate of the company's business through relentless focus on retail fundamentals, including selection growth, competitive pricing and high levels of in-stock availability.
- Meet or exceed financial goals, such as revenue, margin and inventory turn.
- Build businesses that can achieve substantial skill over a number of years.
- A bachelor's degree is required, an MBA is a plus
- Experience in building and scaling successful businesses
- Experience in successful P&L at an executive level and experience in a multi-national organization
- Strong merchandising/product management skills
- Experience in strategy to evaluate business, product and sourcing strategies in an industry experiencing dramatic change.
- Exposure to an industry with highly complex B2B or B2C business models with multiple distribution characteristics.
- Manage strong external relationships at senior levels, including ability to design and negotiate high level contracts.
- Strong aptitude in overall project management; driving project completion on complex and strategic projects with significant bottom-line impact.
- Display the highest level of integrity and for inspiring trust by his or her team, peers and leadership of the company.
- Customer obsession
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.