Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Implement high quality visual merchandising strategy and presentations through seasonal event calendar and brand guidelines
- Coach and build strong relations with in-store VM teams (if applicable) and frontline team, so that they can help maintain display
- Measure the impact of merchandising action plans and issue weekly report to the Regional team/ VM Manager (if applicable) with photographs, comments and measurements of sales impact
- Follow and implement brand seasonal VM guidelines
- Help prepare and Invite in-store VM team to attend Brand training events and workshops
- Work closely with Marketing to provide support throughout the management of internal brand events
- Guide the installation of window and in store animations, design events and campaigns in line with the global marketing and event calendars
- Conduct regular store and market visits to check adherence to Brand standards and report back to the Regional team/ VM Manager (if applicable)
- Stay up to date with Brand activities and external competitor activities
- Define the implementation in store for all launches/animations
- Work closely with the Graphic Design team to produce the visuals
- Order POS tools from the Brand headquarters and/or produce locally
- Review the suggested merchandising plan linked to launches and provide input
- Communicate the merchandising guidelines to the stores and follow-up on installation
- Ensure merchandising levels in the store are met as per the Brand's guidelines
- Follow the performance of the ranges and categories, and adjust the merchandising if necessary
- Propose any merchandising amendments enabling an optimization of the turnover by m²
- Manage new projects merchandising in coordination with the Marketing team (order and implementation)
- Implement new store concept whenever needed
- Work on the planograms for new store openings
- Work on the floor plans and zoning of the new stores
- Determine and order the store merchandising elements and small furniture/decoration
- Work in coordination with logistics to ensure the dispatch of the PLV furniture
- Define the minimum merchandising for all new launches
- Communicate with retail manager on out of stock situations
- Communicate with retail manager on impact of new merchandising on sales
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor or an advanced degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Detailed knowledge of the product and industry preferred
- Ability to work diligently with little supervision
- Confident in creating and communicating concepts in business meetings and to supervisors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Excited and energetic in designing new ways to reach customers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Experience researching and determining industry and marketing trends
- Adherence to the brand's goals, philosophy and policy regarding marketing and sales strategies
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.