Job description / Role
Job Description: Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Preview of Service Delivery Manager: As a Service Delivery Manager you will be responsible for building partnerships with Delivery Service Provider in Last Mile delivery operations across Saudi Arabia. You will design, implement and manage Service Level Agreements with multiple DSP’s taking action if performance falls below the specified threshold. You will coordinate and direct activities of the service delivery teams to ensure set goals are achieved. You may be required to assist in the formulation of policies for the DSP that are geared towards improving service delivery. As well as making the policies, you will plan and present them to the Senior Management for evaluation and approval. With strong coaching and mentoring skills you will train members of the service delivery team and educate them of the new policies and their implications on service delivery. You will also assess individual and collective performance of the team members, recommending reward or praise when necessary. You will organize and head meetings with your team, be present and represent Last Mile operations in team meetings. You will also collate data on customer satisfaction, inquiries and complaints, and create development strategies to maintain or improve on the quality of service delivery.
Responsibilities will include
· Establishing delivery processes: Streamline these processes and procedures to ensure each customer gets the same great experience
· Supervising staff: Oversee employees in different stages of the delivery process, even though they may not be your direct report. Hold all service departments and employees within these teams accountable for carrying out the required processes and tasks and providing great customer experience.
· Managing Customer Expectations: Assess customer feedback and improve procedures accordingly to ensure that great customer service is provided at all times. Evaluate customer’s experience against a set of goals and criteria. Take action when scores fall below thresholds and work with the Customer Service team to conduct additional research if needed.
· Creating Cost Effective Systems: Ensure that processes are efficient and cost-effective. Aim to find ways to reduce costs without affecting the overall customer experience, use continuous improvement to remove unnecessary steps in the process.
· Building Partnerships: Build partnerships and liaise with Delivery Service Providers to determine services, the criteria for the delivery of those services, and how to develop solutions to any issues that arise. Interact with internal and external stakeholders and Senior Leadership to develop and manage change.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
· Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data.
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· Saudi National
· Experience in a transportation operations role at a 3PL is a plus.
· Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.