Job description / Role
In recent years, industries have been disrupted and transformed by digital technology. As a design and innovation consulting professional, you will collaborate with different teams to help businesses define their digital strategy and aspirations, design digital products and experiences and solve their digital and innovation challenges. As part of a high-performing team, you'll deliver exceptional client service to create engaging, intuitive solutions for our key digital transformation programs.
As organizations look to leverage the advantage that technology offers, we are committed to helping you develop the right skills that you'll need in today's environment. Working on programs that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the outstanding EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We're looking for 'Service Design Consultants' (Assistant Manager/Manager level) to join our team in our Riyadh (KSA) office.
This is a hands-on role in which you will be responsible for design centric workstreams of programs, shaping outcomes, managing client relationships and helping grow the design practice.
In this role, you will participate throughout the entire design process-from inspiration and research to building prototypes, communicating a vision, bringing to life integrated digital-physical experiences through products and services.
If you've been part of multi-disciplinary projects, have collaborated with a broad range of stakeholders, interacted with clients, mentored and supported designers, designed impactful experiences and contributed towards the design community, then this role is for you.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Champion Service Design within the Public Sector and work with teams to design and scale digital government services.
- Collaborate effectively with subject matter experts as well as the organization's operations, business development, financial, commercial and technical teams to achieve the optimal design
- Engage customers to test understanding, refine requirements and develop tailored and compelling solutions
- Design for the target user's experience across multiple channels.
- Convert the design to something that is implementable.
- Distill business, customer, and partner constraints into digestible components for the design team.
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting deadlines.
- Participate in the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Has the power of perfectly crafted design direction, and as a global citizen is able to see immense potential for change in the world.
- Approaches things systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details.
- Is passionate about growing people-first services. From value proposition to brand to customer experience to scale, you thrive in putting all of the pieces together.
- Is passionate about social impact, financial services, and great design.
- You have experience designing and/or implementing solutions in resource-constrained environments.
- You love to travel and are comfortable navigating tough situations in the developing world.
- Can easily communicate and envision service concepts and ideas to team members, partners, and funders.
- You use diverse set of methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touchpoints of the service.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Recent relevant work experience (approximately 4-6 years for Assistant Manager and at least 6-8 years for Manager grade), working collaboratively across engineering, product management and user research teams
- BA/BS degree in service design, graphic design, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven designs and experience of launched services that have been implemented in the real world
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
Ideally, you'll also have
- A high proficiency in verbal and written Arabic
- A dedication to teamwork and integrity within a professional environment
- Experience within the government and public sector
- Experience in a Scrum-based production process
- Experience defining or working with a design system
What we Look for
A highly motivated person who is open-minded with the ability to run engagements, embrace ambiguity and accept feedback and constructive criticism to realize the optimal user experience. A confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
The right candidate demonstrates propensity to learn and share knowledge with the team, fosters an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment and plays a role in nurturing and mentoring juniors within the organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region