Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
Responsible for facilitating transactions, producing, assembling and delivering replacement/ repair parts and equipment as part of a Services agreement or order. Includes activities such as processing transactions, managing processes, material management, site operations, or warehouse logistics & shipping, sometimes in a shop structure. Includes craft & non craft labour as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide QC set-up and support in tendering and execution phases of Integration phase.
- Oversee fulfillment of contractual and regulatory requirements to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Capture lessons learned to continually improve execution processes.
- Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control. Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes. Includes conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education and past experience.
- Understands how the work of his own team contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults People Leader or more senior team members for issues outside of defined parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Handles simple data entry work requiring face value check and correction.
- Review Contingent workers' workers' timesheets for accuracy, ensure timeliness is maintained and process according to company standards.
- Execute all other assigned related tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical, or Computer Engineering.
- 2-5 years of administrative/technical quality control experience.
- Bilingual in English/ Arabic required.
- Prior experience as a Control Engineer, Network Engineer or Telecommunications Engineer.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Computer proficiency to include Outlook, Excel, Word and Power-point.
- Strong multi-tasking and active listing skills.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Must be a self-starter with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be people-oriented with excellent social and interpersonal skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.