Job description / Role
Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the proper operation of the plant room and planned preventive maintenance.
- Assists the Repairs and Maintenance Team Leader in all aspects of the operation as requested.
- Prepares weekly schedules in accordance with workload and priorities in coordination with the Chief Engineer. Any major changes must have approval of Chief Engineer / Group Director of Engineering.
- Performs a routine inspection of plant rooms and Engineering areas with GDOE/CE on a monthly basis and provides a checklist of the walk through and follows up by taking appropriate actions.
- Checks timely completion of maintenance requests; emphasizes guest related jobs and weekly pm list.
- In absence of the R & M leader, assumes appropriate duties.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the building and all hotel machinery.
- Orders reasonable amount of spare parts for all machinery and equipment; maintains par stock of emergency requirements.
- Purchases parts and consumables; initiates clear and concise purchase of such items.
- Controls and closely monitors all utility consumption to ensure optimum utility usage by all departments in the hotel.
- Arranges engineering requirements for F&B functions through function request sheets.
- Maintains comprehensive library of manuals and spare part lists of all operational equipment.
- Assists the Asst. Engineer with annual evaluations of all P/O operation section employees.
- Spot checks all engineering staff on productivity and quality of work; report to GDOE/CE.
- Personally supervises hazardous work; ensures all safety regulations are strictly observed.
- Plans yearly maintenance of equipments.
- Follows up on purchasing requirements with Materials department.
- Ensures all Engineering employees adhere to the cleanliness of all work area, protecting the surroundings when executing jobs.
- Minimum three (3-5) years’ experience with the similar position
- Interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Required trade license or certification or Diploma etc
- Holds a diploma / Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and/or Building Management
- Good knowledge of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems and related refrigerants, chilled/condenser water components.
- Must have knowledge of Manpower management.
- Must have experience managing fire main systems & associated pumps, sprinkler systems and equipment, with knowledge of local fire, electrical codes and occupational safety codes.
- Better communication skill to coordinate with other departments in the hotel as well as vendors and contractors.
- Understanding for main/secondary drainage (plumbing) systems; electrical power distribution systems.
- Computer skills, particularly in the use of Property Management & Energy Management systems
- Fluent English – written and spoken multi-lingual desirable.
- Excellent communication & analytical skills, a proactive problem solver.
- Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and is able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Equips and motivates employees to achieve predetermined goals, installing and maintaining appropriate empowerment Programs
- Positive “can do” attitude and flexible approach – manages with humility.
- Good health, physically fit, good personal grooming & personal presentation.
- Understands and respects local cultural, able to adapt to changing environment
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Apply Today: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Electrical Engineer - Data Center Experience
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Project Engineer - Electrical