Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The Shift Engineering will be responsible for the daily operation, repair and maintenance of the Hotel assets, supervision and scheduling of technicians and technical supervisors.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- A dedicated focus towards guest experience, ensuring our hotel facilities always meet the standards promised.
- A competent 'hands on' person who will ensure fixtures and fittings are maintained in perfect working condition and assures any defects are corrected promptly.
- Who will always carry out emergency repairs affecting guest bedrooms and services with an immediate effect.
- Monitoring the Hotel's Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Managing and coordinating outside contractors within established guidelines.
- Ensuring the hotel complies with all Government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and life safety programs.
- Works very closely with Fire & Safety department of the owning company.
- Monitoring energy management program to ensure cost effective use of utilities and reduce energy consumption.
- Maintaining close and effective working relationship with all other Departments, and external contractors.
- Establishing quantitative standards of performance and utilizes performance management principles to fully maximize colleague productivity.
- Perform weekly inspections to buildings and services, and preparing reports for improvements and takes necessary action.
- Motivate engineering colleagues by healthy environment and on time appreciation.
- Keeping all engineering records in appropriate filling systems in engineering office.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Goal and results oriented.
- International experience an asset.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player.
- Minimum 2-3 years as Shift Engineer (hotel or service environment preferred).
- Engineering degree/diploma or similar qualifications.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.