Job description / Role
The Shift Supervisor position is operational in nature and involves the supervision of team member activities on shift to ensure that standards around people, product, cleanliness, and Exceptional Guest Experience are fulfilled.
- Leads by example and demonstrates the importance of treating every team member and guest with respect
- Reacts immediately to issues requiring attention during the shift
- Provides ongoing, specific direction to team members
- Encourages an exciting and fun work environment while motivating team members to meet goals
- Trains, orientates and monitors new team members
- Reports to Store Manager on team member performance (positive or negative)
- Assists in ensuring optimal team member coverage at all times and works various positions during busy periods to maintain optimal service levels through demonstrated floor leadership Hospitality Management
- Leads by example to demonstrate that the guest is top priority and reinforces positive hospitality behaviors with team members
- Responds to guest in a friendly manner while maintaining an appropriate sense of urgency
- Responds to guest service complaints in a timely manner, resolving problems and turning potentially negative situations into positive situations Operations Management
- Complies with and enforces all Tim Hortons operating standards
- Ensures that all product and packaging is properly merchandised and stocked
- Responsible for shift cash procedures
- Maintains operational efficiency through use of the work schedule
- Supervises team members to ensure primary and secondary duties are completed
- Ensures all store policies are followed during the shift (e.g. cash policies, meal and break policies, food safety policies)
- Keeps current on all new information (i.e., new product launched, promos and discount schemes)
- Assists the Store Manager in driving sales and transactions during their shift
- Completes all required shift documentation (e.g. records waste, mgr. walk thru, store checklist etc.)
- Escalates to immediate superior any issues and or problems Health & Safety
- Knows, understands and follows safe work practices and procedures
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment or clothing as required
- Reports all injuries/illness, accidents, unsafe conditions, security incidents and any contravention of health and safety legislation, policies and procedures to the Store Manager or Area Manager
- Does not operate any equipment, machine, device or thing, or otherwise work in a manner that will endanger anyone
- Ensures health and safety policies are followed during the shift including documentation and reporting of any work related injuries or accidents Cashiering
- Supervises and ensures that technical equipment in the stores are in working condition.
- Count money in the cash till at the beginning of the shifts to ensure that amount is correct and there is adequate change.
- Receives payment by cash, credit cards, vouchers or automatic debits whenever required
- Issues receipts, refunds, or change to the customers correctly whenever required
- Maintains clean & orderly checkout areas
About the Company
The Apparel Group is a global fashion and lifestyle brand conglomerate residing on the crossroads of a modern economy - Dubai, UAE. The mercurial growth in the last 17 years has been by acquiring a host of world class fashion labels from around the world - Nine West, Tommy Hilfiger, Kenneth Cole, Aldo & Tim Hortons just to name a few.
Today the group caters to thousands of eager shoppers through its over 1530 stores, 75 International brands and employing 12,000 multi cultural staff in over 4 continents. Apparel believes in turning dreams in to reality and we give everyone - our customers, our stakeholders, our employees - an equal opportunity to do so.
Apparel group has carved its strong presence not only in the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Saudi Arabia but opened thriving gateways to market in India, South Africa, Poland, Singapore, Jordan, Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia. Additionally, clear strategies are in place to enter emerging markets such as Hungary, Pakistan, Egypt and Philippines.