Job description / Role
Shutdown Manager - O&G
Our client, a construction and maintenance contractor in the O&G and the petrochemical industry requires a Shutdown Manager for a project in Riyadh, KSA.
• The Shutdown Manager will be responsible for overall management of our Shutdown Project, awarded from Aramco.
• Responsible to execute the shutdown as per Aramco contractual requirements & obligations,
• Interact directly with client and maintain a very productive relationship.
• Responsible and accountable for delivery of the shutdowns within budget, in line with the schedule, per agreed productivity and efficiency targets.
• Interact with multidisciplinary team of operation, maintenance, engineering, inspection, project and support services, etc., to manage any deviation between the plan and actual and to ensure timely completion of project requirements.
• Responsible for implementation of Quality and HSE policies and standards.
• Responsible for complete pre and post shutdown planning, site execution, material & equipment handling and manpower.
• Read and understand the contract carefully to identify all potential risks and establish the approach to mitigate those risks by planning out preventive measures.
• Plan, define, verify and control the scope of the project in order to ensure that project includes all the work required.
• Responsible to maintain financial, progress and productivity status reports and interpret those reports for proposing and implementing better productivity norms at project.
• Estimate the cost of the project, and ensure that all the resources (including manpower, materials and equipment, etc) necessary for execution are within stipulated budget allocated to the project in order to control the cost of the project.
• Strictly comply to Gov. and client localisation percentages.
• Support training and assigning local manpower to perform their jobs in proper way.
• Support localisation plan to replace targeted jobs, in all levels.
• Evaluate project manpower regularly basis and take corrective action.
• Controller extra working hours within very limited range.
• Suitable candidates will have a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with (10) years of relevant experience in Refineries and Oil & Gas plant Maintenance as a Shutdown Manager.
• You must have had experience managing a shutdown that involves at least 500+ persons.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.