Job description / Role
Rawabi United Safety Services Company Limited (RUSS), a joint venture between Rawabi Holding and United Safety International, is a leading provider of H2S Safety Equipment, Breathing Air Safety Systems and H2S Safety Specialist expertise in the regional Oil & Gas Industry.
Since its establishment in 2002, RUSS has been managing the H2S Services Contract for Saudi Aramco covering to date 800+ sour well locations both onshore and offshore.
- Plans, organizes. Required activities with on-site client representative(s) well operations. Including: identifying and implementing client & company site specific requirements; obtains consensus for the planning and implementing of contingencies, drills and required daily work activities; coordinates and accounts for the deployment of company personnel and equipment; handles access and egress to location for the specific reality of knowing where everybody is; inspects & tests plans, equipment & systems ongoing to ensure required response quality.
- Installs, operates, maintains & dismantles (deploys) various safety equipment . various safety equipment, Including: loading/unloading and transporting equipment to the worksite; strategically places required equipment for rapid response (positioned appropriately) including: cascade systems, air lines, manifolds, breathing apparatuses, all types of gas detection systems, barriers, signs and safe briefing areas. To strictly follow ERP / contingency plan while Rig ups and any other special instructions from the client must reported and signed on the daily report ( handover Rig up report copy to the reliever )
- Operates and Ensures function, operational readiness of various equipment and testing systems to ensure response quality. Including: breathing apparatuses, cascade systems, electronic and tube type gas detectors & systems, various small hand tools.
- Protects, maintains company equipment: routinely by inspecting and testing a minimum of twice per shift. Including: following maintenance standards, evaluating equipment condition, keeping accurate documentation, function testing equipment, performing disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, disinfecting in accordance with company procedure.
- Problem solves. Including: identifying, assessing and correcting problems; keeping accurate documentation; preventing problem reoccurrence; trouble shooting equipment; solving problems within personal limitations.
- Communicates effectively. Including: completing required reports and forms (accurately and timely); follows procedures and directions; exercising listening and speaking skills.
- Exercises interpersonal skills. Including: leading others and representing the company; supervising and training company and client personnel; interacting with client representatives, crews, co-workers; tolerating and negotiating diplomatically with others; dealing with and analysing situations.
Works safely. Understanding and implementing company and client policies and procedures, industry practices, & emergency response plans. Promoting onsite safety. Conducting inspections, site hazard assessments and onsite - meetings. Wearing required PPE, both on duty / off duty specialist have to don SCBA in case of H2S release / H2S drill. To ensure safe driving practices as per SOP and report any negligence i.e. over speeding, traffic violation, misbehaviour immediately to the Operations coordinator
Conducts OJTs: Individuals assigned should be thoroughly trained (transfer of knowledge) in the practical aspects of the Specialists' job-training to be documented
- Communicate effectively with clients & co-workers and with operation team
- Respond to a H2S release and execute emergency rescue
- Routine maintenance of company equipments and trouble shooting
- Exercises inter personal skills
- Plans and controls onsite activities with client as per Site specific ERP plans
- Actively Participates in Tool box/Pre-Job Meetings
- Visitor / Crew & Service Personnel Response Strategy (Well site Briefing / Lease orientation)
- Keep track of and maintain up-to-date inventory of onsite equipment
- Inspecting, evaluating, documenting, function testing, cleaning, troubleshooting assigned equipment as per Company (SOP) and manufacturer procedures
- Complete daily reports and other paperwork
- Performs onsite hazard/risk assessments & assist on JSA
- New hire on the job training & development as required
- Meets/exceeds Company & customer expectations
- Achieves and promotes maximum company standards
- Provide onsite H2S Safety Supervision complimenting respective drilling operations. Maintain and monitor all H2S equipment
- Education: Diploma in Safety or any other related field.
- Experience: 0 - 2 Years withing Safety in Oil & Gas Field.
- NEBOSH IGC Holders have is a major plus
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.