Job description / Role
The Learning Manager is an active member of the Operations Learning team, driving and supporting network-wide initiatives. Successful candidates will have a creative, true hands-on approach, as well as strong knowledge of warehousing/manufacturing, instructional design, Learning Management Systems and data-driven, analytical thinking skills. In addition, effective presentation and persuasion skills are a must. This role requires the ability to influence without authority.
The Learning Manager will:
-Actively manage a team of training specialists including their deployment, development and productivity.
-Ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer's needs.
-Act as a proactive and productive liaison/partner with the corporate Department consistently seeking to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience metrics.
Foster the development and growth of Amazon employees (i.e., mentoring, teaching, etc.).
-Create and implement training programs for associates, managers, trainers and others (i.e., participating in and conducting needs analysis, skills development classes, cross-training, etc.).
- Facilitate orientation and training classes; communicate policies and procedures to managers and new employees as needed.
- Ensure that the Learning Department creates/updates accurate and useful information for Training schools, PMVs, SJIs, and other training aids/visuals.
- Actively seek, clarify and understand information from Operations and Area Managers that leads to an understanding and ownership of FC performance and goals and required YOY improvements and provide training assistance where necessary in order to achieve these goals. Fully understand workflow, daily production goals and reports used to drive the business.
- React quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and network-wide rollouts.
- Ensure and drive best practices standardization across all departments and sites.
- Ensure network standard training programs are implemented and consistently utilized as required in the fulfillment center.
Execution & Analysis:
Ensure that training is tracked and recorded, including progress and skill sets.
- As needed, manage grant proposals including implementation, tracking and relationship management.
- Create, manage and update training content and associate compliance audits.
- Administer methods for gathering and tracking training metrics.
- Analyze and understand data to suggest improvements for training and operations.
- Track and communicate Learning Department goals, assignments and progress locally and at a network level.
- Take ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the Fulfillment Center is operating safely and take immediate action to correct where necessary.
- Owner of PIT Training Program and maintains proper documentation related to PIT certification.
A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Resume that shows steady progression in Training/Learning Management for the last 5+ years
- 5+ years of related experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Experience delivering training/information to peers, hourly associates, and senior management.
- Experience coaching and delivering messages related to performance.
- Experience developing and implementing department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Experience interpreting data analytics
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite
- Experience working with hourly employees, as well as exempt personnel.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.