Job description / Role
The Site Mechanical Engineer is a member of the supervision services team. He acts as a technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, contractors and site team. The jobholder monitors site progress and makes sure that the work carried is as per K&A specification and QC procedures. He processes daily site information, such as Submittals, RFI's and Shop drawings.
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality.
• Support Project Team with managing client relations and expectations, as needed
• Support Project Team with responding to client clarifications on technical and contractual issues, as needed
• Support Project Team with organizing inspections by third parties, as needed
• Ensure client satisfaction with construction supervision services
• Review shop drawings, materials submittals and bills of quantities for accuracy of calculations. Notify the Associate Project Manager of any discrepancies
• Closely work with the project team to carry out all inspection subject to the daily form submitted by contractor
• Ensure that the materials are according to the approved materials submittals
• Attend technical and progress meetings to discuss and share relevant information for the smooth progress of the construction project
• Monitor site progress; make sure that the work carried on site is as per K&A specification and QC procedures. Notify the Contractor of any necessary revisions.
• Review the contractor payment and compare the percentages submitted by the contractor with the actual on site. Raise any discrepancies to the Contractor for action.
• Issue letters, site instructions and NCR, as necessary.
• Implement corporate policies and procedures
• Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
• Knowledge of construction supervision services
• Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Good planning and organization skills
• Strong attention to details
• Strong time management skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English
• 3+ years of experience in an engineering function in a contracting company or a construction supervision function.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).