Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
Roles will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that requires specific industry/business expertise or interaction with specific business customers. This category will include those EHS professionals involved in designing for EHS”, individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects (generally not managing teams of EHS professionals or regions).
Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Individuals who provide day-to-day EHS support for construction projects (more dedicated to one project: new installation, rehabilitation, EPC including civil work, turnkey) and currently tend to report into a specific sector or P&L and cover this sector or P&L only. Should distinguish between site level support and those that manage teams of EHS professionals (which should be classified as Specialist EHS – Customer Site Management).
• Developing conceptual knowledge of professional discipline.
• May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
• Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience.
• Understands how work of own team contributes to the area.
• Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
• Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE.
• Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
• Bachelor or Diploma degree in Engineering from accredited university or college.
• At least 3 years of experience on a Construction Site.
• Practice of the different occupations in Civil Work and/or electro-mechanical erection and electrical commissioning.
• Good English both spoken and written (TOEIC > 730 equivalent required).
• Additional qualification in Health & Safety is desirable.
• Candidates with experience working in large international, technological and industrial organization are desirable.
• Technical background or experience in Electrical Substation Construction is desirable.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.