Job description / Role
Title: Site Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Division: Facilities Management
Location: Multiple locations, Saudi Arabia
We are a sector focused business actively operating and delivering within the Commercial, Residential, Education, Data Centre, Mixed Use, Sports, Retail, and Defense & Aerospace sectors. Our Engineers work in close contact with clients, advising them on design and assurance activities for the client and their customers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy or client facilities management environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role. They will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
We are currently recruiting for several Site Senior Civil/Structural Engineers to join our client focused teams in Saudi Arabia. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of FM engineering and assurance services, exceeding the expectation of the client.
The primary role of each site-based Site Senior Civil/Structural Engineer is to monitor and report the Construction Contractor's performance and effectiveness in respect of his engineering discipline in accordance with the Project Manager - Implementation’s (hereafter referred to as ‘PM’) instructions. To ensure adequate surveillance of the Construction Contractor's activities and verify records in respect of his engineering discipline, as and when required. To ensure that all FM activities under his control are undertaken in accordance with the applicable specifications, standards, codes of practice, and quality system procedures.
• Carry out monitoring and surveillance of Construction Contractor's activities in respect of his engineering discipline to determine compliance with the applicable specifications, standards, codes of practice and the approved construction drawings.
• Review the Construction Contractor's site generated data in respect of his engineering discipline.
• Monitor the Construction Contractor's site work methods involving his engineering discipline.
• Monitor and review Construction Contractor's proposals and activities in respect of the programming and resourcing of his engineering discipline.
• Ensure all materials used and work performed are as per project construction specifications and oversee the selection and requisition of materials and equipment by review/comment/approval or rejection of Contractor’s material submittals.
• Monitor and certify, in liaison with other discipline engineers as necessary, the commissioning, testing and handover of completed works together with O&M Manuals, within his engineering discipline.
• Monitor and review construction drawings, calculations, and shop drawings in respect of his engineering discipline and review their incorporation into as-built records.
• Within his area of responsibility, ensure that the Project and Quality Plan and related Project Documents are prepared, implemented and updated through the respective phases of the project.
• Ensure that all Risks and Opportunities associated with the activities under his control are identified, communicated to the PM, and that the necessary risk mitigation and opportunity realisation actions are identified and implemented.
• In liaison with the PM, monitor on a regular basis site progress and actual against programmed start/finish dates for activities within his engineering discipline.
• Prepare monitoring and surveillance reports and liaise with the PM in respect of the reports findings.
• Prepare, when directed by the PM, Technical Queries for submission to the Construction Contractor or FM Design Review Section as appropriate.
• Liaise with the PM on the preparation of Observation Notes, Non-Conformance Reports and on the Construction Contractor's subsequent proposals.
• Liaise and coordinate activities with each of the other discipline engineers as necessary.
• Liaise with, and report to, the PM as necessary in respect of the above items.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• A degree in Architecture
• Saudi Council of Engineering membership or able to obtain
• Chartered/Registered Engineer
• A minimum of 5 years’ significant Civil/Structure Engineering experience
• Understanding of engineering, design, and quality standards
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined, and commercially astute
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service, communication, and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, ambitious, adaptable – a strong work ethic is essential
• Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.