Job description / Role
Social Media Manager - EXTREME Events
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Reports To: Marketing Director
Based in Ryiadh, Saudi Arabia
EXTREME is a unique brand, community and purpose driven company that lives at the nexus of sports, entertainment, and lifestyle. Our Vision is to drive positive change through extreme and adventure sports. This is realised through our integrated approach that encompasses strategy, design, development, and management of some of the world's most innovative destinations, spectacular events, entertaining media, and engaging brand campaigns.
Our impact is to drive and support an active and healthy lifestyle, sport participation, positive mental health, job creation, accessibility for all, sustainable infrastructure investment and tourism.
Extreme Events curates and produces large scale events and festivals across extreme and adventure sports, motorsports, music, lifestyle and entertainment sectors. We also represent the IP and commercial rights of 3rd party events and brands in the Middle East.
Social Media Manager:
This is a fast-paced and busy environment that requires working to tight deadlines. It requires extensive contact with internal colleagues, stakeholders, international partners, agencies and sponsors.
As the Social Media Manager you will:
• Develop impactful social media plans that increase event awareness, new customer acquisition, brand engagement and drive traffic
• Develop creative content ideas designed to inform, excite and engage audiences through social and digital media channels across different event portfolios
• With great editorial skills and a brilliant visual aesthetic, you will have a natural ability for copywriting and social content creation (e.g., image, video or animation edits) that resonate with the target audience and is aligned to a specific brand identity
• Manage social media platforms to grow online communities across multiple events
• Develop a highly efficient “always-on” paid social media approach to continually optimize and improve the campaigns
• Continously build a database of influential people on social media to collobarate and support our campaigns
• You will have have strong community management skills
• Excellent knowledge of social media metrics with strong analysis to deliver key social KPIs and maximise ROI
• Within the organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Marketing Director and core events team
• Outside the organization, the position coordinates with multiple stakeholders including the brand guardians, influencers, partners, venues, supplier agencies and freelancers/support staff.
• Educated to degree level
• Either gained in a B2B or B2C organisation the successful candidate must have a minimum of 1 year social media experience in the events, media or agencies
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluent Arabic and English speaker
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
• Strong time management and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills with the ability to monitor and act quickly to the needs of the project, suggesting and making changes if required
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
Start Date – immediate
No phone inquiries please
About the Company
EXTREME is a unique brand, community and purpose driven company that lives at the nexus of sports, entertainment, and lifestyle. Our Vision is to drive positive change through extreme and adventure sports. This is realised through our integrated approach that that encompasses strategy, design, development, and management of some of the world's most innovative destinations, spectacular events, entertaining media, and engaging brand campaigns.
As founders of The Extreme Sports Channel, operating for over 25 years and appealing to the 500 million participants worldwide EXTREME is the go-to company for authentic activation across action and adventure sports. We engage with our 20 million strong community through our collection of offers and we serve our clients through our passionate, creative, and specialist teams and a multinational presence across bases in the UK, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. Via our support of over 125 ambassadors, the activation and sponsorship of over 80 events annually and our media network delivering over 50 million video views monthly, our brand and marketing activity inspires, supports, and promotes all of EXTREME’s activities.
We are purpose driven, so across everything we do we look to drive sport participation, an active and healthy lifestyle, job creation, infrastructure investment and tourism, whilst aligning with five key United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and government agendas from around the world. With a real passion and commitment to be sustainable, we are signed up to Planet Mark to measure our impact, 1% For The Planet to give back and the UN’s Sports for Climate Action to drive awareness.