Job description / Role
The Soft Services Manager will be responsible for the housekeeping and site cleaning operation of a specific project. Ensures quality housekeeping standards supervises housekeeping workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Trains, schedules, administer & supervise all housekeeping/site cleaning personnel.
• Ensures quality housekeeping and cleaning in royal, VIP, and staff zones of the project.
• Completes and maintains all records, establishes controls and performance checks necessary to quality accomplishments and tasks pertaining to his section.
• Takes inventories and sets controls of linen, room supplies, cleaning material/tools equipment.
• Handles maintenance needs, coordinates repairs, and follows up on corrective measures.
• Recommends and identifies purchase of chemicals, linen, porcelain/china were silverware, glass/crystal, and cleaning equipment.
• Recommends partial or complete renovation as and when necessary
• Ensures standards of dining rooms set-ups, furniture arrangements in dining rooms, and similar places
• Performs fabric/fiber identification tests when required
• Coordinates interior decoration activities, if any
• Ensures safety and security standards
• Completes personnel appraisals for his staff and recommends promotions, contract renewals, and terminations.
• Fills out attendance reports for his staff for submission to the payroll section
• Works closely with technical staff for implementation of maintenance needs
• Conducts periodic meetings with his staff for smooth work performance
• Responsible for assessment, procurement, and management of small projects specific to the Operations Department as agreed with the Facility Services Manager.
• Responsible for providing a key interface between project customers and the contracted service providers on a day to day basis
• Responsible for monitoring key elements of the FM service and reporting to the Facility Services Manager
• Responsible for monitoring of supply partners/contractors service delivery and customer interface on a day to day basis
• Closely working with the Facility Services Manager on financial tracking and reporting to ensure all services are delivered within agreed budgets and defined service levels.
• Responsible for providing a continuous improvement review and development of initiatives to improve or rationalize hard services to achieve optimum performance and full customer engagement
• Responsible for the supervision of all housekeeping staff, their welfare, training, development, uniforms, and wellbeing.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally.
• Demonstrate leadership and management skills to motivate, coach, and mentor team.
• Utilize the principles of project management methodology to ensure operations-related projects are managed effectively.
• 5-10 years' soft services/housekeeping experience.
• Experience in quality housekeeping standards supervises the housekeeping workforce.
• Proficient in the English language both written and oral
• Proficient in Office Computer Applications, Word, Excel, Access, Power-point
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Soft Services Manager
Assistant FM/O&M Manager - Hard/Soft Services
Housekeeping Facilities Supervisor / Assistant Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||22 Apr|
Big Fish Recruitment
Facilities Management Director
Big Fish Recruitment