Solution Architect - Client Engineering
IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Technology sales at IBM is evolving it's way of working to break beyond boundaries with innovative approaches. Preferring to 'show' vs. 'tell', Client Engineering co-creates with prospective customers, in real-time, on solutions to their hardest business challenges.
As a Solution Architect within Client Engineering, you'll be a key player in a multi-disciplinary team made up of Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, Developers, and Business Strategists.? The brightest minds collaborating with clients as one team, and contributing to experiential working sessions - the outputs of which produce minimal viable product (MVP), enterprise-scale solutions at lean, start-up speed.?
Excellent onboarding training will set you up for success, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career through its upward trajectory. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always part of a team, you'll be surrounded by leaders and colleagues who are always willing to help and be helped - as you support MVPs and proofs of concept (PoC) that compel clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Solution Architect within IBM Client Engineering you'll help deliver unique client co-creation experiences to accelerate their enterprise transformation programs.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this opportunity may include, but not be limited to:
- Serving as the overall technical lead and single point of contact for client-facing experiential engagements that include a broad range of public and hybrid cloud technologies.
- Combining deep expertise of contemporary cloud, AI and analytics skills, you'll develop frameworks and integrated solutions that solve prospective clients' hardest problems, with products and services across IBM's offerings.
- Leading all aspects of integrated solution delivery. From requirements identification to technical decisions impacting the delivery of solutions that realise business value. Ensuring final proposals include necessary provisions for security and reliability whist covering clients' needs - present and future.
- Owning the solutions architecture plan while being a hands-on builder /developer in client-facing engagements.
- Continually expanding your relevant business, industry, technology and competitive knowledge.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable expertise across a broad range of hybrid cloud technologies, Kubernetes, Docker, Containers, Cyber Security, Red Hat OpenShift and IBM Cloud Paks.
- Proven excellence in leading customer-facing technical solutions teams and facilitating experiential problem discovery, framing and solutioning sessions.
- Experience with Agile best practices to deliver complex technology projects on time including extreme programming, paired programming, scrum, and test-driven development.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- First-class communication and presentation skills, with palpable ability to instill 'trusted advisor' confidence and credibility, which quickly builds trust and mutual respect with everyone you engage with - from coders to the c-suite.
- Proven experience with one or more of the following: application modernization, business automation, Site Reliability Engineering, AIOps, Edge Computing, integration technologies, and data engineering technologies.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.