Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Come join the culinary team at Raffles Makkah Palace. Develop your culinary skills with some of Raffles most talented chefs. Develop your talent with us as a Sous Chef, where your care and creativity will elevate our menus! Turn your exciting career into an exciting life.
Hotel Overview: Raffles Makkah Palace promises the exceptional standards inherent in the Raffles name and enhanced by Arab hospitality values. Raffles Makkah Palace offers 214 Suites & duplex Villas with breathtaking views of the Masjid Al Haram, the Holy Ka'aba and the city. The hotel combines the best of local cuisine and international dishes in each of its four outlets creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere in this diving setting. Guests can also indulge and immerse themselves in a relaxing sensory experience in our world renowned spa and fitness center or hold high-powered business gatherings in any of our state-of-the-art meeting rooms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Senior Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain on-going training and development of employees, conduct employee performance reviews and disciplinary action.
- Ensure appropriate staff scheduling and monitor staffing levels in conjunction with determined budgets and forecasting.
- Create and design menus, while keeping the overall restaurant concept.
- Liaise with food stores to ensure the proper rotation of foods.
- Seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity without compromising guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for kitchen operations in absence of Senior Sous Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- Oversee the safety and sanitation of the kitchen, while ensuring all kitchen equipment is maintained and in good condition.
- Maintain departmental standards in accordance with Raffles Hotels and Resorts core standards.
- Ensure effective cooperation between outlets and the kitchen.
- Create memorable dining experiences for guests.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives.
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned.
- Highly energetic and excited about the challenges that a large and versatile hotel offers
- Minimum of 7-8 years' experience in a culinary leadership role
- Valid trade qualifications required
- A passion for food and desire to further develop culinary and leadership skills
- An effective supervisor and trainer
- Innovative, detail-oriented and quality conscious
- Actively seeking knowledge of new trends in presentation and preparation
- Self-motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to consistently stand and walk through out shift
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.