Job description / Role
On a behalf of high-profile client, we are looking for outstanding Sous Chef, to hire urgently, it is preferable to have work experience in Saudi Arabia or GCC.
Our client is seeking a Senior Sous Chef is the second-in-command in a professional kitchen, assisting the executive chef. The sous chef is responsible for the day-to-day culinary operations in a professional kitchen. Functions include menu creation, food purchasing, and maintenance of quality standards. A sous chef assumes the role of cost controlling and maintaining food cost, and supervises storage, stocking, and sanitation procedures. The sous chef assists in the management and training of new personnel, scheduling staff work hours, and doing performance reviews.
Sous chefs often start their career with a degree in culinary arts, although many sous chefs get their position through promotion after receiving training and experience in the culinary profession. Sous chefs can work in a wide variety of hospitality establishments, including restaurants, care facilities, hotels, catering services, cruise ships, and more.
• Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff
• Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
• Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
• Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
• Assume the role as Executive Chef in his or her absence
• Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
• Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
• Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
• High school or GED equivalent required, formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts preferred
• Minimum 2-5 years cooking experience in a fine dining environment and experience in a culinary leadership role preferred
• Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests.
• Safe Food Handling Certification
• Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions
• Must have experience calculating figures and amounts and performing mathematical functions to meet the business needs
About the Company
Talent Search Group is a staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to providing viable talent in various professions. Our primary mission is to carefully determine client staffing inefficiencies and offer hiring solutions that directly correlate to long term goals.
Talent Search Group was founded on core values such as Dependability, Integrity, and Timeliness. We take pride in the delivery of quality talent acquisition solutions to our clients. Our process is individualized. We assess both our clients and prospective candidates in order to ensure compatibility. We focus on cultivating professional relationships, networking, and attention to detail, which has greatly contributed to our success.
Our strategy is simply to solve the problem of our clients- and while that may sound like a gross oversimplification, the truth is setting that goal from the start has guided us on the path to delivering just that. The professions we currently represent are Executive Search, Management Consulting And Risk Advisory sector, Banking & Financial Services , Finance & Accounting, IT and Telecom, Aviation and Hospitality, Marketing, Retail and Sales, Education And Training Industry, FMCG / Manufacturing Industry, Legal, Mining, Oil And Gas Industry, Engineering & Manufacturing, Insurance, Procurement & Supply Chain, Construction, Real Estate, Infrastructure Industry and Human Resources.