Job description / Role
Works to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Leads kitchen team
• Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
• Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
• Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
• Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
• Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
• Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
• Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
• Works to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
• Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
• Assists with menu creation
• Coordinates with the restaurant management team on supply orders, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
• BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Sous Chef
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
• Familiar with the industry’s best practices
• Working knowledge of computer programs
• Good leadership skills
• Good English speaking and writing
About the Company
Trans Skills LLC is a transportation-focused recruitment, manpower supply, and training company dedicated to serving the GCC region. We are currently concentrating on recruiting as well as sourcing and supplying medium to senior level railway, aviation, land transportation and maritime professionals. Whatever experience and skills your company requires, Trans Skills will be able to supply the right personnel needed to provide the quality service you require.
We would like to pride ourselves on being ready and able to supply your organization with professionals across the various disciplines of transportation.
Trans Skills is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alserkal Group.