Job description / Role
Creating an engaging work environment for colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests . Your organization skills and the values you model as Spa Manager will inspire your team - not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Director of Rooms Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the establishment and execution of all departmental goals.
- Manage, train, and motivate all personnel reporting to this position.
- Serve as a link between the hotel and the spa industry. Meet with group meeting planners to show spa facility and programs as required.
- Promote and sell customized spa programs to conference groups as required.
- Tour prospective spa Guests.
- Provide and take responsibility for the professional delivery of all information on the telephone and in person to all potential spa Guests.
- Promote all hotel and spa packages and promotions.
- Assist in the implementation of 12-month marketing plan. Identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Assist in the implementation of 12-month public relations program, i.e. calendar of events, media, etc.
- Work efficiently with hotel public relations in all aspects of spa/hotel promotion as required.
- Work with advertising and promotion as required.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, product offering, pricing, promotions and sales techniques.
- Administration and implementation of staff training in all aspects of the spa's operations, i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, body scrubs, facials, etc.).
- Assist in the supervision, operation and coverage of all spa departments:
- Bachelor's Degree (in Business Administration) an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in management or supervisory position in a spa or related field an asset.
- Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
- Experience/education or licensing in one of the spa disciplines such as fitness, massage or aesthetics a strong asset
- Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences.
Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have a legal work permit as per the local law.
Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests