Job description / Role
If you are a leader with a mind for business management, Parsons has an opportunity for you! As a Spare Parts Cluster Development Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring that your assigned projects meet client objectives and project business goals.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
Spare Parts Cluster Development Specialist position in the Industrial Cluster Department provides technical guidance to the Director on implementing of Department policies, goals, objectives, and procedures and support in the Department development as needed. Monitor and administer assigned tasks.
• Implementation of the Department policies, goals, objectives, and procedures and support in their development as needed.
• Assist in the development and implementation of business plans while ensuring to work within defined budget parameters.
• Assists in the assessment of opportunities in cities for downstream industries to promote and build out the cluster program.
• Analyzes cluster research data generated, assesses the impact of change on existing clusters and predicts potential changes based on findings.
• Reviews legal and regulatory compliance changes, coordinates with the concerned parties and develops reports detailing the expected impact of the same on existing clusters.
• Reviews technological changes opportunities at the cities within existing clusters, develop plans and initiatives and reports the same accordingly.
• Provides the needed specialist insight towards the development action plans designed to facilitate identified challenges within existing clusters (such as Manpower shortages, technological changes).
• Proposes to superior's potential stakeholders who can act to rectify deviations, identifies their roles and develops action plans for proposal accordingly.
• Supervises, coordinates, and directs the needed teams to implement the required detail work plans to accomplish functions operational objectives.
• Oversees the implementation of operation plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans.
• When applicable, ensures subordinates and supervisors are well informed always.
• Evaluates subordinates' performance in a fair, transparent, and objective manner on a periodic basis.
• The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering from a western recognized university.
• 10+ years of experience in the field of cluster support and requirements.
• Experience in the implementation of cluster initiatives.
• Knowledge and experience in cluster support initiatives and monitoring of cluster requirements.
• Experience in the preparation of action plans designed to rectify observed challenges within industrial clusters.
• Strong background in industries used as building blocks for Clusters (Petrochemical / Energy-intensive industries/Mining) Certification preferred.
Key Technical Skills:
• Time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft office tools and/or any related software.
• Must be fluent and be able to communicate in both spoken and written English effectively.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.